Esteemed Contributor

Is Chadwicks of Boston Still in business? I didn't get my Spring catalogue.I tried to go to their website & suddenly couldn't locate it.

Respected Contributor

Chadwicks of Boston will be closing briefly so please stay tuned. Thank you!

Super Contributor

^^^^^^

I guess that would explain it. It's odd that this day and age of on line shopping that they appera to be closing shop. A while back it was Spiegel and Newport News, two places I got a lot of my wardrobe from. 

Esteemed Contributor

Used to shop with them and oodles of other catalogues. I hate going into stores... not many of them left around here anyway.  My go-to places to buy online are Walmart, Costco, Blair, Zulily and of course Amazon.  Walmart and Costco I can go visit if I like.  

I hate to waste time and when you are in a hurry there is nothing like online access.  Fast and furious and mostly customer service is right on.  QVC not so much anymore  Too much chatter, high shipping which should be a shopping cart approach like Zully.  And I may add very high price points that I can buy 3 of somewhere else.  

Honored Contributor

I use to order dresses from them,cotton i loved them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

^^^^^^

I guess that would explain it. It's odd that this day and age of on line shopping that they appera to be closing shop. A while back it was Spiegel and Newport News, two places I got a lot of my wardrobe from. 

I loved Spiegel and Newport News!  

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee  Thank you. It makes no sense to me that they would just shut down & miss the Spring & Summer seasons.Last year I got several cute Summer dresses that I couldn't find anywhere else.

I really hope they come back.A lot of B & M stores close for remodeling & never reopen.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

Several months back, I ordered two coats from Chadwicks at greatly reduced pricing -- 70% I think.  They were a wool blend and quite nice.   Not dressy, but well made.  It said "no returns" at that time.

I'm sorry to know they might be gone.  When I worked, I ordered a lot of my suits from them.  Blazers and skirts in linen or linen blend and wool.  They held up to frequent dry-cleaning and I had most of them for years.

Nothing fancy, but classic blazers and skirts at reasonable prices.

I don't recall ever returning anything.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I've been shopping with them for years. 20 years ago I bought a beautiful floral strapless dress.I still  wear it & get compliments all these years later. I particularly love their Spring & Summer clothes.

I would hate for them to not come back. 

Honored Contributor

I will miss them if they close, years ago I ordered a beautiful, classic navy blazer from them. It served me well and I always got compliments.