Respected Contributor

Re: Century Link Door-to-Door Solicitors

We have TWO no soliciting signs up....one on our gate and one farther down on the fence and they STILL were bugging me with sales and holy roller stuff ( I even asked a bunch of them if they could READ) so now we just let the dogs bark their fool heads off at them from inside the yard and tell them to hit the road if they come in through the gate. The nerve of some of these people! I think some of them are just plain ole crooks casing the joint for further rip offs! I keep a basebball bat by the door now.

Honored Contributor

I recently put in a wrought iron fence with a key-locking gate.    Too high for anyone to easily jump over.    Costly, but effective.    I sleep much better.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

what is century link? i have never even heard of it before.

we rarely get unannounced solicitations.......the last one i remember was someone selling meats and poultry that said they would give us a good deal because they were trying to sell the rest of the stuff in their truck. i told them i had just gone grocery shopping and that my freezers were full. we already get items from schwans also.

Century Link is our telephone/Internet provider.  They just serve us in the Southwest...or maybe we serve them.

thanks @Kachina624 .....had never heard of them before.

i cant say that i have ever seen internet/phone/cable services being solicited door to door. i do know that DISH usually tries to get you right when you walk into sams club though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

what is century link? i have never even heard of it before.

we rarely get unannounced solicitations.......the last one i remember was someone selling meats and poultry that said they would give us a good deal because they were trying to sell the rest of the stuff in their truck. i told them i had just gone grocery shopping and that my freezers were full. we already get items from schwans also.

We just had the meat people on Saturday. The odd thing was they crossed our No Trespassing sign and went to our back garage, only to be met by our German Shepherd. They went to everyone elses front door, so it seemed shady they went to our garage. It's not even attached to the house. My neighbor called the police because she didn't think we were home. 

Honored Contributor

AT&T came to my house one day after their UVerse (I think that's the name) came out.  They wanted me to drop  my Comcast and Tivo and switch to UVerse.  They kept telling me that my neighbors had switched.  They caught me outside.  I never open my door to people that I don't know.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

...your neighbor was upset at the interruption....but still she actually listened to the sales pitch...lol   I don't understand people like that.  They ignore the no solicitation signs because they know that people (usually elders) like your neighbor will listen to their speech and a percentage of those can be talked into buying something.  When that happened, your neighbor should have yelled in her loudest voice "GET OFF MY PROPERTY NOW OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE!!!!!".  What would possess her to talk to them for 15 minutes..   

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 We've also had those Century Link people go door to door in our area. My husband called Century Link and they told him that they work for a third-party vendor who goes door to door on behalf of Century Link. I haven't seen them for a while but they're extremely pushy and rude.

Honored Contributor

Some local door-to-door polititian, running for something local,  totally ignored my gate 'Do not open gate', my signs, etc. and was banging/knocking on our door.  He left a flyer.  Obviously, I won't be voting for him.   His MO is obviously: Don't pay attention to local citizens.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Kachina624 We've also had those Century Link people go door to door in our area. My husband called Century Link and they told him that they work for a third-party vendor who goes door to door on behalf of Century Link. I haven't seen them for a while but they're extremely pushy and rude.

@HSB1204   I had surmised that might be the case.  I can't imagine anyone sending employees out with no ID in this day and age, especially since they're asking to enter your home.  I guess they think we're really stupid.  These people are really hurting Century Link's image.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

NEVER do business with anyone at ur door, calling u on the phone, or emailing u. If u want a product or service, get referrals from friends/family - and google the companies - and CALL the company yourself. Otherwise, you'll be SCAMMED. Many of these people don't even work for these companies --- they just collect ur money.