Esteemed Contributor

I received a long census form in 2010, and then other separate forms a bit later. I just filled them out and sent them back. 

Being counted, may help your community get funds for schools, park or to replace aging roads and bridges. 

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@KingstonsMomDid you ever report this to the authorities? 

The U.S. Census Bureau is who paid us to do the job of completing the incomplete forms.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

I received a long census form in 2010, and then other separate forms a bit later. I just filled them out and sent them back. 

Being counted, may help your community get funds for schools, park or to replace aging roads and bridges. 

@Nuttmeg   Thank you for making my point. 

The only thing the census was created to “give” us is representation in the House of Representatives. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@KingstonsMomDid you ever report this to the authorities? 

The U.S. Census Bureau is who paid us to do the job of completing the incomplete forms.

@KingstonsMom   Your complaint should’ve been made to the inspector general of the US. Teachers in school districts were caught changing test grades for their students. And they were punished. Completing census forms for citizens  without their knowledge IMO is far worse.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

JMO, all the census needs to know is how many people, that's it.

Not how much money you make, have saved, how many rooms in the house, how many bathrooms, etc...

Respected Contributor

Re: Census flashbacks

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl  Agree.  I too only fill out what I'm comfortable providing.   I know it's different from census but I'm extremely angry right now bc I turn 65 in April and I'm inundated with constant emails, phone calls, etc trying to get info - all saying they'll send me Medicare Part B costs/Medicare Advantage info for my area.   I don't provide them info either.

The only info they need is your email, birthdate and zip code.  Comments from people who have filled out all the info say they no sooner hit "send" and their phone began ringing nonstop and were just a bunch of aggregators.  If I am using an insurance person I'll select one locally - and require that my name and phone number not be sold.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Census flashbacks

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg  @Bathina  @Anonymous032819 

I have no problem with being counted.

I do have a problem with disclosing every source of income, savings, investments and retirement plan we have.  It was like filing our income taxes a second time!

The amount of detail for the long form is absurd and invasive.  If it is so important EVERYONE should have to do it.

or 

For those of you who do not mind to disclose every detail of your life perhaps you can volunteer for the long form.  Get out your pencils and calucators!

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg  @Bathina @Anonymous032819 

I have no problem with being counted.

I do have a problem with disclosing every source of income, savings, investments and retirement plan we have.  It was like filing our income taxes a second time!

The amount of detail for the long form is absurd and invasive.  If it is so important EVERYONE should have to do it.

or 

For those of you who do not mind to disclose every detail of your life perhaps you can volunteer for the long form.  Get out your pencils and calculators!

Honored Contributor

I don't feel comfortable disclosing anything other than how many people live in the household. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Financialgrl   Not surprised someone with your nic used the word “aggregators.”  😄😄

Keepin' it real.