Honored Contributor

Re: Cellphones responsible for the downfall of civilization

@bri20 wrote:
I wear big hoop earrings. Scandalous

Sometimes I go braless. (I had a breast lift and they are nice and perky)

Respected Contributor

Lulu2, isn't that a nice feeling. 😄
Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Tattoos scandalous LOL 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Phantom41 wrote:

And women who wear black over 50 and color their hair!

Add to this the addition of canned soup to crockpots and the wearing or lack of wearing stockings!

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+sky+is+falling!&client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&prmd=ivbn&source=l...

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

And cellphones and technology have absolutely saved many lives - people calling for help wherever they may be, etc. 

And killed them, when texting and driving.

I thought people behaving irresponsibly killed people, not the object they were using at the time.

ergo, guns really do kill people...

I knew I was right!   Smiley Tongue

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

I have a smartphone.  I use it but I'm not consumed with it.  If I leave the house without it I don't go into a panic.  And I never grab for the phone when we are out with friends because it beeps letting me know I have a new Facebook posting that I may want to see.

Wish a couple of our  friends  were as considerate.  Both the husband and wife (especially the wife) will interrupt the time we are spending with them to check the latest on Facebook, Twitter, email, etc...

The last time we went over their place I was cleaning up after dinner, and when I was done I walked into the family room, The husband, wife, and both kids had their heads buried in phones and tablets.  I looked at my husband and he just rolled his eyes.  At the point I yelled "Hey I'm here and I'm supposed to visiting you guys!".  They thought it was all funny, it got them off the devices for a while, but not for long.  We cut the evening short...I wasn't sitting their to be ignored while their phones took priority.

Too much of anything is never a good thing...

Honored Contributor

lulu2 wrote:

bri20 wrote:

Sometimes I go braless. (I had a breast lift and they are nice and perky)

oh come on now @lulu2 .....this is just downright bragging! Smiley LOL Woman LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If it weren't for the fact that my husband and daughter insist that I have one, I wouldn't. 

I have a flip phone, don't want a smart phone.

I don't give the number to anyone that asks for it, I don't think there are more than 10 people that have the number and if I use it twice a year to make a call that's a lot.  It's more of an expensive texting machine.

I'd be very happy without it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bri20 wrote:

gasp....I knew it!!

Smiley Tongue

I drink beer from a bottle........eeek

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont know that we are all doomed but its definately sad to me that people arent communicating with their loved ones and its sad that people are crashing into cars while on phones. (it happened to our brand new car the other year when someone on a phone hit us in a parking lot). Also there are now neck problems galore from people looking down. I have metal plates in my neck (not from cellphones from work) and trust me you dont want them.

Anyway I have a prepaid cell. Do I use it? Yep when no ones around or if an emergency would arise. Does my husband have a cell? Nope, I got him one and he donated it a year later and said why do people need to be on their phones every minute of the day?...lol.

So enjoy your phones all you want, but Id rather communicate in person and not be tracked down every minute of the day while out enjoying time with my husband, family and or friends. I will stick to my big laptop in my spare time (propped on a stand within my view), its bettter on the eyes and neck! :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles