Esteemed Contributor

Cellphones responsible for the downfall of civilization

After reading discussion after discussion concerning the evil cellphone, I can only conclude that this one device will be responsible for the downfall of civilization. 

Each week posters come here with story after story of distracted parents, distracted drivers, distracted diners even distracted walkers .... each more outrageous than the last. Apparently there is no hope, we are all domed. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cellphones responsible for the downfall of civilization

I know, right?

It's a wonder people don't blame cell phones for the kidnapping of the Lindburgh baby.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL

So many Chicken Little's live here...ROFL

Isn't the Internet it's evil step sister??

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  I understand what you are saying, but I can't put the blame on the solely on the device.  I have to put the blame on the users and type of society we live in now.

Honored Contributor

I been into higher technology advances since the mid 1950's, and love seeing the advancements. I have said here, and many other forums, the exception to these feelings: THE CELL PHONE.

I remember when many used to love their vacations and 1 main reason? No telephones ringing. Now?

As time moves on eye to eye contact will become a thing of the past. I have a smartphone, use? To make phone calls.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Great thread!

I thought the downfall of society was bare feet, bright nail polish and long hair on women over 50!

We are indeed doomed.    Woman LOL

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

LOL

"I'll give you my cell phone when you pry  it from my cold, dead hands"

Smiley Wink i just love technology!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

Great thread!

I thought the downfall of society was bare feet, bright nail polish and long hair on women over 50!

We are indeed doomed.    Woman LOL

uh oh.......i have two out of those three things!!!!! Smiley TongueSmiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

After reading discussion after discussion concerning the evil cellphone, I can only conclude that this one device will be responsible for the downfall of civilization. 

Each week posters come here with story after story of distracted parents, distracted drivers, distracted diners even distracted walkers .... each more outrageous than the last. Apparently there is no hope, we are all domed. 

Not all of us ... only the unluckly ones.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

I been into higher technology advances since the mid 1950's, and love seeing the advancements. I have said here, and many other forums, the exception to these feelings: THE CELL PHONE.

I remember when many used to love their vacations and 1 main reason? No telephones ringing. Now?

As time moves on eye to eye contact will become a thing of the past. I have a smartphone, use? To make phone calls.

hnj

My husband is a workaholic.  BUT believe it or not, he leaves his cell in the motel room or car while we are out and about for the day.  I'm so proud of him for doing that.   

He has a flip phone and only uses it as a phone like you.

I like to keep mine on me in case our families call for something.  They know not to call in case it is an emergency, so we are rarely bothered.  We also board our dog and they have my cell number for emergencies.  

I have to admit I check facebook and my games once we are in for the night.  LOL