Respected Contributor

Re: Celebrity Products that Don't Exist!

Let's not forget that Joy Mangano made a flippin' fortune on a mop! It can be done with mundane products, NOW she's a "celebrity" hawking the mop and a host of other things!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, how about an expensive marketing scheme to sell urine tests purportedly designed to then sell you an individualized monthly concoction of selected vitamins?

Oh, wait...

@suzyQ3  NO!!!!  REALLY?????  

@Sooner, I kid you not. Did you figure out who it is?

@suzyQ3  I have NO idea.  Just when you think you've HEARD it all (and I purposely did not use the word SEEN!). . . 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, how about an expensive marketing scheme to sell urine tests purportedly designed to then sell you an individualized monthly concoction of selected vitamins?

Oh, wait...

@suzyQ3  NO!!!!  REALLY?????  

@Sooner, I kid you not. Did you figure out who it is?

@suzyQ3  I have NO idea.  Just when you think you've HEARD it all (and I purposely did not use the word SEEN!). . . 

I'm a little lost too but I'm thinking maybe Suzanne Somers?

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

???   Are dish "rags" a real thing?     

@Tinkrbl44  Well, you obviously didn't grow up in my neck of the woods. . .LOL!!

I have a little funny story about this.  Growing up, our family went back and forth between calling them dish towels and dish rags.  When we wanted to be more sophisticated, they were dish towels.  LOL

When I was at my wedding shower, I was a nervous wreck. It was huge and I don't like being the center of attention.  As I was opening up stuff, I was struggling to find the right words for some items because of my nerves.

I opened up a big box of various towels and as I held them up, I called them dish rags and my mother almost crawled under the table.  She said we only call them that at home.  Woman LOLWoman LOL  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

???   Are dish "rags" a real thing?     

@Tinkrbl44  Well, you obviously didn't grow up in my neck of the woods. . .LOL!!

My mother referred to this item as a "dish cloth".

Honored Contributor

@Sooner& @Lipstickdiva, the most famous person in the country. How's that? And it's true.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sooner& @Lipstickdiva, the most famous person in the country. How's that? And it's true.

Really?  Wow.  I didn't know that.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Really?  Wow.  I didn't know that.

Yup, @Lipstickdiva. And the details of this sad venture are fascinating as well, though not unexpected.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Robert Downey fabric softener

Respected Contributor

Reese Wither Spoons and forks