Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  When you work/tour with them you really get to know each other and surprisingly, over the years, lots still send Christmas cards - lots of laughs lots of hard work too!

Respected Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

Just curious.  Has anyone ever known a celebrity?

@pprmntstx 

I forgot to add that if you like Tom Beringer, he lives in Bluffton S.C. and can be seen frequently around town.  I guess he liked Bluffton because that's where they filmed The Big Chill (if you are old enough to know that movie.)

Valued Contributor

Have met some yes. My husband is a production accountant for movies. He started in tv in NYC and I got to go to alot of show tapings.

Super Contributor

@dulwich are you a muscian?

Super Contributor

Fun conversation!  In the 1970's I briefly dated a studio musician that played for the Monkee's.  His name was Dennis.  I knew Tom Shepard, Boxcar Willie and a few others.  Met Donnie & Marie...they were very kind.  Donnie and I had a great conversation about forgiveness of Bo Bergdahl.  Ran in to a few others here and there...

Honored Contributor

I won't say "known" but I have met and had conversations with three celebrities.  I'm not a fan girl, I don't care about celebrity status so they were just people to me.  Nice people but just people.

Respected Contributor

@mcducky  No  -  DH had company where when bands/solo artistes going out on tour they look for best company who can provide all their needs - from printed T's, souvenirs, to trucks/buses to carry the, crew/roadies/sound, lighting engineers, etc, etc. all to be there for length of tour - all these people travel ahead of show to set up - and then take down and move on to next venue - companies had to put money  up front to show they have where with all to do this and if you're lucky you get the tour, kind of like an auction! 

After a while- if you are successful - you get known and then get asked to do tours.

This started out as a sideline for DH he was actually fully employed and working in the oil industry but it grew and grew.

We have/had great roadies /crews but cannot tell you how many midnight calls I would get - if I was at home -  telling me get to next venue ASAP short of people bring daughter all hands needed.  London gigs were good as we coukd go home after.

Super Contributor

Sounds exciting but also a lot of work!  

Honored Contributor

Yes. Chris Renaud, who created the Minions. His mom and my mom were best friends. I danced with him at my wedding, and the last time I saw him was at his brother's wedding - a long time ago! He also directed The Secret Life of Pets, and I "recognized" their dog in the movie!  Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

I certainly can't say I knew him, but I did meet and speak to Clark Gable in 1957 when I was 17 yrs old.  I was at a skeet range with my in-laws, having just gotten married shortly before this..my husband had enlisted in the Air Force and was away at basic training.  My in-laws shot skeet competitively.  I took a walk up the range just to look around, when this unbelievable voice behind me said, "Well hello there young lady!".  I turned around and there was Clark Gable talking to me!  He said something about what a nice day it was and was I enjoying the skeet shooting, and would I like to join his group for the next round.  I was so flabergasted I could hardly speak, so just said "no thank you".  It has always been one of the highlights of my life, and my husband has always called Clark Gable my boyfriend.  I've seen other famous people throughout my life but I can still hear his voice saying "Well hello there young lady".