Honored Contributor

As in carnally? I ain't sayin!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut 

Nick N. is a favorite of mine...he's whacky, but I still like him.

Peter Fonda....another favorite....since I love drag racing, it's nice to know he did too.  He seemed the kind of guy you would want to party with Cat LOL

How fun to have those memories!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

How wonderful to have that memory tucked away.

Even better that she wanted your guidance in buying nice things.  A wonderful compliment to you!

I wanted her to knock out her husband in Scandal....I've never seen her in anything else, but I don't watch all that much TV other than old movies.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ECBG 

How wonderful to have that memory tucked away.

Even better that she wanted your guidance in buying nice things.  A wonderful compliment to you!

I wanted her to knock out her husband in Scandal....I've never seen her in anything else, but I don't watch all that much TV other than old movies.

@Witchy Woman 

You might like to know that I only live 20 minutes from Carl Sandberg's home and Kelly McGillis, Top Gun, lives in that small town also.

Kelly McGillis and Tom Cruise in Top Gun

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Re thread we should name celebs we 'know' got me thinking- our first ever gig was with ABBA for one week - I was petrified - they were great.  First tour - 8 weeks - Ozzie - came back not frightened of anyone or thing! -   a book I don't think so but lots of funny, sad, horrific, memories but all good.  

Lots of bands, concerts, gigs, tours so many and still some going out hopefully next year in U.K who knows!

Also just not to forget some single performers a few of my favourite Bruce The Boss, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Annie Lennox, Hazel O'Connor  etc.etc.

Esteemed Contributor

DH's aunt went to school with Ella Fitzgerald in Yonkers, New York. They became good friends & stayed in touch until her death in the 90's. Ella would visit her everytime she was in town. She would give her concert tickets & take her to Broadway plays & dinner.

When Ella passed her son called DH's aunt before it was announced to the public.

DH & I met her briefly at his aunts home when we dropped his mom off. We didn't even know it was her until the next day when my MIL told us. Ella was sweet & gracious & hugged us when we left.

Valued Contributor

What's the fun in just saying "yes?"

We all want names.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman I'm sorry, I just can't name him. We've always had an understanding about this. I have watched his career over the last thirty years, and I WILL tell you that Hollywood is a terrible influence on people's lives. My brother knows a lot of the other "Big Ones", has worked with them, befriended them, and the majority of them have succumbed to some sort of, for lack of a kinder word, depravity. Money and fame do weird things to people, especially the fame part. The stories I've heard over the years are truly tragic. Something spins out of control inside these people, and my brother has not escaped these same struggles. What Hollywood looks like on the outside does not represent what goes on in the inside.

Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrities

[ Edited ]

@dulwich  You have met the best celebrities and musicians. You're  very lucky.

Respected Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

Just curious.  Has anyone ever known a celebrity?

@pprmntstx   My husband was in second grade with Stacy Keach  if that counts.