Valued Contributor

Re: Celebrities Posting Pics of Themselves in Swimsuits

Attention, money for posting for companies and perhaps motivation to keep up their diets. She looks hungry. I also find it cruel to have all of these award shows where every body part is scrutinized, right after the binge eating holidays. Just evil.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beach-mom

It's not just celebrities that do this .... lots of regular people are constantly taking pictures of themselves for various social media sites.    Personally, I hope it dies down .....   very soon.

@Tinkrbl44 - You're right. I hope it does too!

@lolakimono@mimomof4@chrystaltree, and @threecees --

I never thought of it this way. I guess it is all about who can get her face and body out there the most *cough* Kardashians *cough*! And I guess it's better to pose rather than wait for an unflattering picture to appear. @Kachina624 - I'll bet you're right. They probably have photographers with them. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

A little Kelly Rita goes a long way with me. She is full of herself and I am not a fan.
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I understand this if you're a model or up and coming actress or actor, but I just went to check the news and the first post is a pic of Kelly Ripa's "ripped" body on vacation - again. I think I've seen this a number of other times too.

It's certainly OK for her to post pictures from her vacation, but when they are so obviously posed --- why? She is a talk show host; she doesn't need to post pics constantly.

It seems like some celebrities spend more time taking pictures of themselves on vacation instead of actually enjoying their vacations! Smiley LOL

Celebrities need to keep their name in the news or they fade away. A bathing suit photo gets picked up by news companies and generates publicity for them. It’s a part of show biz.

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I suppose they think they look good and they put a lot of time, effort, money, food deprivation into those bodies so they want to show them off.  Makes me laugh sometimes because I would never exchange my body for some of theirs, no way.  Like Kelly Ripa.  Nope, Mama doesn't want a body like that.

And they DO. Food deprivation has NOTHING to do with it. Kelly Ripa is FIT and THIN.  I'm sure she eats HEALTHY and works out. GOOD for her!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

They need the ATTENTION.

Give them plenty of compliments, you are great, you look fantastic,

you are the most wonderful person that ever lived!!!

@threecees

People in those kind of shows are also expected to consistently attract attention to themselves.  The required constant social activity is actually specified in their contracts, and many have assistants that coordinate all the social media activity.

Contributor

AIRBRUSH.  Smiley Very Happy  hahaha

Honored Contributor

#1---I could care less about what anyone looks like in  swimsuits

#2---Most of them look awful anyway and should not be wearing the teeny, tiny ones that do absolutely nothing to enhance their bodies 

#3----don't understand the reason or the need to take selfies and post them for the world to see--kind of voyeuristic to me.

#4---JMO,OC

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with posting pics of yourself, especially if you've worked hard to look good. I would be proud to show off my body if I looked as good as some of them do. For me a bikini would be out of the question. But I have worked hard on keeping myself fit and I can't wait for summer to show off my arms! Woman Very Happy