Super Contributor

Re: Celebrities Hocking their stuff on QVC

@Serena Sue wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I remember when Joan Rivers was the first and was really "put down" for doing it.

I think the first celebrity to sell their line on TV was a woman with the initials I.T. with her Power Suits on HSN.

This must have been 27-28 years ago.  Anybody remember?  She was a very rich blonde woman.

Honored Contributor

If I like a product then I buy it.  It doesn't matter who the vendor is and whether or not they have a huge amount of money already!  I don't begrudge anyone who is ambitious any money made.  Saying they have enough money already sounds like there is a bit of jealously for those who are successful to me.

Valued Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

@Serena Sue wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I remember when Joan Rivers was the first and was really "put down" for doing it.

I think the first celebrity to sell their line on TV was a woman with the initials I.T. with her Power Suits on HSN.

This must have been 27-28 years ago.  Anybody remember?  She was a very rich blonde woman.

The 1st Mrs. Trump?

Honored Contributor

@lotsodogsncats wrote:

Is anyone else getting tired of all of the celebrities hocking their stuff on QVC now!

It's not that I don't like some of these celebrities, it's just getting a bit much.  Don't they have enough money already.  

They start with one product and then keep adding them on. 

To me it takes away from presenting the products of 'regular' vendors with the same products.  

In the spirit of being helpful, I think you mean "hawking." Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

@Serena Sue wrote:

@Serena Sue wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

The 1st Mrs. Trump?

Yes! 

Honored Contributor

This looks like a hit-n-run, but I'll play - 

People sell stuff that other people will purchase.  It's a very simple formula.  I have a feeling this is one of those pol baiting deals about, you know - those horrible celebrities.    So, there really was no point made.

Nice try, though.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

ivana started selling her lines in 1993 on hsn.

it seems though that there may have been some even further back than that.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I for one won't buy a celebrity product. Half the time they just put their names on it for a money making deal. I also don't believe that they actually sit there and design the items. They might be in on meetings, but actual designing, no.

Honored Contributor

The only one I'm really impressed with is Martha Stewart.  And she's always done this.   All of her products look good in qualty.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

ivana started selling her lines in 1993 on hsn.

it seems though that there may have been some even further back than that.

@sunshine45, dare I mention that she was not the only one with that last name to hawk products on a shopping channel. I vividly remember seeing him pitch his steaks on QVC.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland