Honored Contributor

Re: Cedric the Entertainer - grammar!

On 2/10/2014 evelomaddict said:

i do think he would be better suited for a family feud style show instead of millionaire. i hope that when alex trebek retires that larry the cable guy doesn't take his spot.

does jeff foxforthy, who hosts 'smarter than a fifth grader' speak proper english? i can't recall. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

I don't even notice his grammar. I must be used to people not speaking properly whether it be schtick, laziness, or ignorance. I just don't like the way he pretends the contestant is wrong every.single.time.
Super Contributor

On 2/10/2014 EastCoastViewer said:

He is a comedian, he's not a school teacher. Obviously, his school teacher was not very effective. I googled and found out he grew up in Jefferson City, Missouri. Let's face it, there are different educational standards across regions and there are different educational opportunities across racial lines in America. Or, he could have, like many of us, become lazy in his old age and has reverted to slang. I find myself saying things now, I would have never said before.

wow.

Honored Contributor

I work from home and sometimes have the TV on in the background. After the news at noon, Millionaire comes on and somehow it just doesn't seem to be the right type of show for Cedric's personality. He just seems so bland compared to Meredith and Regis!

I was really surprised to see Cedric and thought that he was just filling in temporarily at first. Disappointed to see that he was Meredith's replacement. I find him boring but I still like the show and hope they replace him soon. It would be interesting to see how the ratings have been since he started.

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2014 haddon9 said:

I work from home and sometimes have the TV on in the background. After the news at noon, Millionaire comes on and somehow it just doesn't seem to be the right type of show for Cedric's personality. He just seems so bland compared to Meredith and Regis!

I was really surprised to see Cedric and thought that he was just filling in temporarily at first. Disappointed to see that he was Meredith's replacement. I find him boring but I still like the show and hope they replace him soon. It would be interesting to see how the ratings have been since he started.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com says that January saw a 14% jump in ratings for millionaire.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad the show is doing well. I enjoy watching it at lunchtime.

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2014 JaneMarple said:
On 2/10/2014 haddon9 said:

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com says that January saw a 14% jump in ratings for millionaire.

Jane, Thanks. I was curious so I did take a look at some numbers and they do look like they have gone up but I also went to check a few sites and in the comments section it appears that most overwhelmingly don't care for Cedric as a host.

He just doesn't have the enthusiasm, warmth and clarity of speech that both Regis & Meredith have and in my opinion a good host should have.

I also read that he has a three year contract with the show.

Frequent Contributor

I forgot to mention: I'd read in the TV Guide that Cedric was hired in order to catch more of the younger audience!!!! As though they're watching during the day?.......................

Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2014 ForestMaven said:

I forgot to mention: I'd read in the TV Guide that Cedric was hired in order to catch more of the younger audience!!!! As though they're watching during the day?.......................

You never know, there are young people who work third and fourth shifts.