Honored Contributor

I find I'm not as into it as last year.  Last night I even completely forgot it was on (and I'm someone who highlights favorite programs in my newspaper's television listings).

I ended up turning on Hallmark channel after Cedar Cove was over but thought the movie afterwards was part of Cedar Cove.  I was so used to seeing new faces on Cedar Cove that the fact that it was a different set of characters didn't seem odd at all. I was completely willing to accept these new people!  (The movie following was set in what looked like a Northwest coastal setting.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I find I'm not as into it as last year.  Last night I even completely forgot it was on (and I'm someone who highlights favorite programs in my newspaper's television listings).

I ended up turning on Hallmark channel after Cedar Cove was over but thought the movie afterwards was part of Cedar Cove.  I was so used to seeing new faces on Cedar Cove that the fact that it was a different set of characters didn't seem odd at all. I was completely willing to accept these new people!  (The movie following was set in what looked like a Northwest coastal setting.)

Hahaha - that's pretty funny and I can certainly believe how that happened that you thought you were watching the show.

I wish they were repeating CC at 11:00pm ET like they did the previous two years.  That way, if I was out on Saturday night I'd just watch the repeat when I got home.  To my knowledge, the 8:00 pm ET showing is the only one. Bummer!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Hahaha - that's pretty funny and I can certainly believe how that happened that you thought you were watching the show.

I wish they were repeating CC at 11:00pm ET like they did the previous two years.  That way, if I was out on Saturday night I'd just watch the repeat when I got home.  To my knowledge, the 8:00 pm ET showing is the only one. Bummer!

I completely agree about the repeat showings.  Since I missed last night's show, I was looking to see if it would show up again (since I was used to the repeats afterward, too) but no luck.  Darn.  

Respected Contributor

According to the LocateTV schedule they are repeating it on Friday, Aug 14 at 8PM.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cedar Cove tonight

[ Edited ]

Thanks to poster Montana who mentioned that Cedar Cove repeats on Friday nights now.  I had to miss last night's show so I'm glad to know I can watch it this coming Friday.

Honored Contributor

The shows seem to have regained some of their zest.  I actually enjoyed last night's show!  Didn't nod off even once!  And I thank you again, too, @ Montana, for the Friday night repeat info.  It's fun to watch it two nights in a row.

Honored Contributor

So because I had to miss the show last Saturday night, I watched the Friday night repeat last night.  Really? Did we need yet another new character --- Paul's sister?  There really are way too many characters in this show.

Also, would any daughter really act the way Grace's daughter is acting about her mother's wedding?  Really?  It's totally implausible.

And...I can't stand Grace; how annoying can a person be?.  Why Cliff would fall in love with her at all is beyond my comprehension.

Honored Contributor

Shame on Hallmark for making Part I of the two-part season finale a big commercial for Ford and it's Pink breast cancer awareness clothing line.  It was bad enough that the CC c haracters were pushing this all season, but to incorporate that into the show's storyline was over the top.  I resent that.  Of course I'd like to see people donate to breast cancer causes, but this was not what I tuned in to see tonight.  Shame on Hallmark for doing this.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Shame on Hallmark for making Part I of the two-part season finale a big commercial for Ford and it's Pink breast cancer awareness clothing line.  It was bad enough that the CC c haracters were pushing this all season, but to incorporate that into the show's storyline was over the top.  I resent that.  Of course I'd like to see people donate to breast cancer causes, but this was not what I tuned in to see tonight.  Shame on Hallmark for doing this.

ITA.  It's so stupid to have the characters running around praising the clothing or saying "Ford cares" repeatedly.  Then comes all the pink.  Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.  The commercials with the actors, cool, but the rest was pure paid promotion.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I did notice the actors seemed to put more energy and less whining into the "Pink" portions of the script.

I also noticed the director of tonight's episode was Canadian director Martin Wood.  He is highly regarded in the sci-fi field and has directed series such as "Stargate."    I had not paid attention to the director's name on previous episodes.  According to IMDb, he's directed a total of 9 episodes (perhaps that's 10 with tonight's.)  I suppose it's an easier job than directing programs with special effects, visual effects, and space aliens.