Honored Contributor

betteb wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

@betteb, I hope this is helpful:

"Cecil lion petition"

link goes to:  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cecil+lion+petition

(((Cecil)))Heart

Thanks dooBdoo, no it wasn't hard, but that thread also had a lot of good news media info and good posts on it Smiley Sad

You're welcome.  I wanted to add that the "was that so hard" is an unfortunate standard part of the "LMGTFY."  I wish they'd remove the statement because it's a helpful tool.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Pearlee wrote:  The news I'm watching just reported that Mia Farrow tweeted out the dentist's home address.
There was conversation today between Oceantown and me about "crossing the line" in this thread.   This, making public his home address, crosses the line for me.  If any one of his family members gets hurt from this exposure, the fault will belong to Mia Farrow.  

The address was tweeted when the story broke. It was probably a RT.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Pearlee wrote:  The news I'm watching just reported that Mia Farrow tweeted out the dentist's home address.
There was conversation today between Oceantown and me about "crossing the line" in this thread.   This, making public his home address, crosses the line for me.  If any one of his family members gets hurt from this exposure, the fault will belong to Mia Farrow.  

It's available online if you just run a quick search.   If his family members get hurt the onus is on him for his reprehensible behavior and for consistently thinking the laws and rules don't apply to him.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@betteb, I hope this is helpful:

"Cecil lion petition"

link goes to:  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cecil+lion+petition

(((Cecil)))Heart

Thanks dooBdoo, no it wasn't hard, but that thread also had a lot of good news media info and good posts on it Smiley Sad

You're welcome.  I wanted to add that the "was that so hard" is an unfortunate standard part of the "LMGTFY."  I wish they'd remove the statement because it's a helpful tool.

I don't see them removing that part of it. Not saying you were being snarky(I've never known you to be) but I think that page is intended to be snark.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I have seen nothing about Mia Farrow tweeting his *home* address. She gave his *business* address - which anyone could google, it's public information.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting the petition sites. I have signed them and feel better for being proactive in this story of Cecil and for the animals in the future being poached/illegally hunted.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

His home address is public info too.  A quick search yields that in under 30 seconds.

Honored Contributor

I hope no one is suggesting that anyone would be justified in hunting down this man's family.

I loathe the idea of hunting, probably more than most people here posting.

I equate it to the same thing as picking out your lobster from the tank or steaming up your bushel of live crabs.

It's a horrifiic way to kill an animal.

Abhorring people for wearing fur, killing a lion or a buck or a chicken, it's all the same to me.

But going after his family and the livliehood of all his employees is wrong.

Honored Contributor

@Esmollin wrote:

Maybe this will help to stop the barbaric so- called sport of hunting.  Let Cecil be a voice for the thousands of animals and birds shot for sport not only in Africa but probably right in our own state.  It's an outdated, Medieval sport. Are you listening England? 

What on earth has England to do with this?  The scumbag who shot Cecil is an American dentist - a "big game hunter" who has to have someone else bait and lure an animal for him to "kill".  A pathetic excuse for a human being.

BUT it has nothing to do with England.  Oxford (England) is the site of the institute doing the conservation research and trying to protect these animals!

Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil the Lion

[ Edited ]

Recently, another illegal hunt in Africa.  Sad it happens way too often. 

Washington Post

NAIROBI — While the world mourned Cecil, the 13-year-old lion that was allegedly shot by an American hunter in Zimbabwe, an even more devastating poaching incident was quietly carried out in Kenya.

Poachers killed five elephants in Tsavo West National Park on Monday night. The carcasses were recovered by rangers on Tuesday morning — what appeared to be an adult female and her four offspring, their tusks hacked off.

While the killing of the lion in Zimbabwe has attracted the world’s attention, the death of the five elephants has received almost no coverage, even though elephants are under a far greater threat from poachers than lions. Their tusks can be sold in Asia for more than $1,000 per pound.