Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cecil the Lion's brother, Jericho, found dead

@SeaGal wrote:

I'm sorry to read the news of Jericho's passing, relieved tho to hear it is most likely of natural causes.

I looked around to see how Cecil and possibly Jerichos cubs faired after Cecils demise. I found this awesome glimpse of Cecils grandcubs fathered by his son Zanda, video is from May of this year. This is sure to make you smile.  Smiley Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-KvQptUOMY

OMG!!!!! They are just too cute!!!!!

My heart wants to just scoop them up and snuggle and cuddle with them, but my head knows that they deserve to live in the wild.

I love lion & tiger cubs soooooooo much!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I wish the video was a little longer @Plaid Pants2, but arent they adorable!!

I misspelled Cecils sons name, its Xanda!

Esteemed Contributor

They are such gorgeous and majestic animals.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Animals don't live forever and sometimes they simply die of natural causes. There is no eviodence anyone did anything wrong to this lion - animals die - we all will die.There is no reason for anyone to have any outrage over this death.

@151949

Where has anyone expressed any outrage over his death?

As usual you always try to take my threads in another, unwarranted direction.

@KingstonsMom - My thoughts exactly.  Thank you for saying it first.

It's heartbreaking news and I truly hope nothing criminal was involved this time.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup

There is no evidence he was shot, and he was at rest when he died.

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal - Thank you for that wonderful video.  It's nice to have something uplifting like that and to know that the line goes on in the natural circle of life.

Honored Contributor

I feel very sad also.  He was a good brother, not attacking Cecil's cubs.

It makes it a little better that he was found in a resting position, I hope there will be no signs of anything bad happening to him.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup My BIL was a photographer for a well known magazine (the one with the gold boarder) until he became a writer. He said the most difficult part of his job was the filming of animals suffering or being killed by their natural enemies; they can NOT interfere in any way because it is how nature works- they are to RECORD it and do nothing more.

As other's have said, it is the cycle of Life. These animals are not pets; they live as they have lived since time began and that includes suffering. No one is being cruel, no one is doing it on purpose; indeed, they are allowing them to live life as Mother Nature intended. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Perkup My BIL was a photographer for a well known magazine (the one with the gold boarder) until he became a writer. He said the most difficult part of his job was the filming of animals suffering or being killed by their natural enemies; they can NOT interfere in any way because it is how nature works- they are to RECORD it and do nothing more.

As other's have said, it is the cycle of Life. These animals are not pets; they live as they have lived since time began and that includes suffering. No one is being cruel, no one is doing it on purpose; indeed, they are allowing them to live life as Mother Nature intended. 

Nature is not kind.

Nature does not play favorites.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Perkup

There is no evidence he was shot, and he was at rest when he died.

I agree that this is not mentioned in the article posted by the OP.  But I did hear on a newscast just this morning that someone said hehad been shot. I honestly don't remember what station it was on, as I wasn't really "watching". Just hearing snippits while I was making beds.