Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil the Lion's brother, Jericho, found dead

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

There are many things in today's world I do not understand.  One of them is why animals are allowed to die due to lack of water and/or food.  Preserves like these should be in the job of making sure these wonderful creatures are protected from the elements during droughts, floods, etc.  Where are all the so called animal rights - animal defense organizations when these situations occur?  Sure, it takes money, but they all collect money from caring donations.  Why are these things allowed to happen? 

And yes, I know it appears Jericho was shot.

@Perkup

The article states that it appears Jericho was NOT shot.

Some people never let the truth get in the way of a good story....lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jericho died of natural causes per the article below, which doesn't contain anything upsetting other than news of Jericho's death (no upsetting photos):

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-cecil-the-lion-20161031-story.html

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

I'm sorry to read the news of Jericho's passing, relieved tho to hear it is most likely of natural causes.

I looked around to see how Cecil and possibly Jerichos cubs faired after Cecils demise. I found this awesome glimpse of Cecils grandcubs fathered by his son Zanda, video is from May of this year. This is sure to make you smile.  Smiley Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-KvQptUOMY

Thank you @SeaGal

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Animals don't live forever and sometimes they simply die of natural causes. There is no eviodence anyone did anything wrong to this lion - animals die - we all will die.There is no reason for anyone to have any outrage over this death.

@151949

Where has anyone expressed any outrage over his death?

As usual you always try to take my threads in another, unwarranted direction.

@KingstonsMom  I guess if one's fovorite solution is a hammer, then every comment looks like a nail.

Your post is quite accurate.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a current news item about the oldest lion in the wild in Gir National Forest, Gujarat India having just died what is believed a natural death at age 15.  Apparently, lions in the wild live shorter lives than those in captivity that can live to 20-25, maybe 30 max.  In the wild, perhaps 10-16 years.

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

There is a current news item about the oldest lion in the wild in Gir National Forest, Gujarat India having just died what is believed a natural death at age 15.  Apparently, lions in the wild live shorter lives than those in captivity that can live to maybe 20.

Well, it makes sense.

Animals in captivity, get vet care.

Those in the wild don't.

They usually succumb to illness or injury.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Animals don't live forever and sometimes they simply die of natural causes. There is no eviodence anyone did anything wrong to this lion - animals die - we all will die.There is no reason for anyone to have any outrage over this death.

I don't agree with you very often but, you're right on in this instance and for anyone to state that they're crying because a lion died in Africa, imo, has a bit of a reality problem.