Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil Update: Dentist surfaces

@Kachina624 wrote:

Some of our posters have very delicate sensibilities.  You're right almost anything offends them.

LOL! I have definitely noticed that!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

UPDATE: More about Dr. Palmer's family -lengthy

This is the glamorous wife of lion-killing pariah Walter Palmer - and she seems to share his appetite for killing wild animals, Daily Mail Online can reveal.

Tonette Palmer, 56, has gone into hiding with her reviled dentist husband even since he was revealed to have slaughtered prized research animal, Cecil.

The couple fled their five-bedroom, $1 million home in the Minneapolis suburb of Eden Prairie earlier this week and haven't been spotted since.

Hunting fanatic Palmer, 55, has also temporarily closed his nearby dental practice, where Daily Mail Online can reveal he has a private office decorated with mounted animal heads and novelty paw-print flooring.

The wealthy couple also own a remote, $1million vacation home in Marco Island, Florida, but that too has been unoccupied since he was unmasked as Cecil's killer.

U.S. wildlife authorities have likewise been unable to contact Palmer - who could face extradition to Zimbabwe over the fatal July 1 hunt.

The hunting fanatic's only contact with the media was through a PR agent who cut ties with him as a firestorm of revulsion spanned the globe.

Tonette Palmer was formerly the vice president of a family-run import and export company although recent employment records list her as secretary for a Minneapolis real estate developer.

The mother-of-two seemingly shares her husband's zeal for killing wildlife, with public records revealing that she has held as many as seven sport licenses entitling her to fish in Florida and hunt in Alaska.

Her husband's numerous kills - all by bow and arrow - include a moose, a buffalo, a polar bear and a mountain lion.

Their two homes are thought to be crammed with stuffed heads and mementos from his safari slaughter spree, with more items stored in his personal office at his dental surgery in Bloomington, Minnesota.

A former employee told Daily Mail Online that the staff were friendly and affable but she couldn't wait to leave because there was a 'creepy, oppressive' atmosphere - similar to a library.

'They were all really nice there but he was a bit arrogant,' she said. 'He had animal heads in his personal office and animal print flooring.

'I remember the atmosphere was a little like a library, he liked everything to be really quiet. He would complain if he heard anyone laughing or making any noise.'

The Palmers have two children, 23-year-old Walter James Jnr and 27-year-old Natalie Palmer-Botes, a champion ballroom dancer who married her 57-year-old business partner, Paul Botes, in December 2012.

Natalie has captured several world master US nine and ten dance titles as well as winning the Rising Star Rhythm Competition at the United States Dance Championships.

The philosophy graduate posted a possible rebuke to her father's detractors on Facebook two days ago, which read: 'Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up.'

He then hid its collar before taking its head and skin for Palmer's 'trophy'.

Bronkhorst, who faces up to 10 years in jail if convicted, revealed that Palmer also wanted to hunt 'a very large elephant' - but they couldn't find one big enough to satisfy him.

The head of Zimbabwe's Safari Operators Association, Emmanuel Fundira, told the Minnesota Star Tribune Thursday that Cecil's killers likely used bribes to help track him down close to Hwange national park.

'There had to be [bribes],' he told the newspaper. 'The documents which they used for carrying out the hunt were all illegal and fraudulently obtained.'

Fundira said it was 'highly, highly likely' that Palmer would face charges in Zimbabwe but he conceded that the dentist 'probably committed the offence unknowingly'.

In a letter sent to his patients Wednesday, Palmer refuted any suggestion of wrongdoing.

'To my knowledge, everything about this trip was legal and properly handled and conducted,' he wrote.

'I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt. I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt.

'I have not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or in the U.S. about this situation, but will assist them in any inquiries they may have.'

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Pearlee

If you click on 'notification' it will show you who hearted you and for which post.

Yes, thank you, I know that.  It's actually there that I was referring to.  The line telling me which thread isn't long enough other than to say  much more than Cecil when there are several names that have hearted so sometimes, but not always, I don't even know which Cecil thread.

But as I say, no big deal.

If you click on the line that received  a heart, it'll take you to the exact post you were hearted for.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:
People who hunt animals equals serial killer, OK.

Think with that I am done with this topic.

Yes, they (people who hunt/kill/take animals purely for sport and murder trophies) equal just as bad as serial killers, IMO.  They ARE serial killers!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Esteemed Contributor

Don't know where they got their info from, but the guy is still in hiding.  Just heard that on two different tv news channels.  He hasn't been found yet according to the news on the tv. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

If you click on the line that received  a heart, it'll take you to the exact post you were hearted for.

Thanks for your tips! Smiley Happy

But my major point is still all posts on the same subject being withint the same thread. Smiley Happy

It sound like from that article you posted that the dentist is quite well off given his properties.

I'm glad I didn't assume anything about his income.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Drythe

You might consider starting a new thread with this.

It is simply wonderful.  It brought tears to my eyes.

It is beautiful.  But I ldo ike the 'netiquette of keeping everyting on the same subject on the same thread.  Otherwise, it's too hard to remember where I saw what, and soon the Cecil threads will be taking over all of page 1. 

That is very beutiful though, Drythe. Thanks for posting it --- wherever.

I do too, but since the OP of the other thread hadn't posted recently, I was afraid it would look like I took over her thread and I'd never want to do that.

That's why I started another one, rather than offend the OP.

LOL  I don't think you would have offended anyone. 

Even if so (and I really doubt it), I'd rather have one person a little miffed for a while and all the Cecil stuff on the same thread!  As it is now I don't know where I posted certain posts about him and can't always tell when I get a "hearted" notice which thrad it's on..  Oh, well, no big deal.

Once we get back (if we get back) something that works more like "Recent Activity" used to on the former board, perhaps it will be easier.  Other than that, having simply everything on one thread can be unwieldy.  Besides, the prayer for Cecil is not on the same topic or even has the same feeling as outrage on Cecil's behalf.  I think a prayer should be offered a different thread than to be included on a thread about upset or worse.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Besides, the prayer for Cecil is not on the same topic or even has the same feeling as outrage on Cecil's behalf.  I think a prayer should be offered a different thread than to be included on a thread about upset or worse.

Well, theoretically of course that's true, but in practice that usually doesn't happen (I'm talking generally). People start to express all sorts of thoughts on a thread when it's the first one they see, and aren't aware of the others or just don't use them because they aren't the first one visible on the subject.  I think that will happen to the Cecil one you are referring to also.   That's happening now wiith the boys lost at sea threads.  The second and shorter one has many of the same kinds of posts as the first one did now. It's just human nature - first post seen gets someone's thoughts on a subject. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is controversial.

Honored Contributor

I agree, but that isn't what I meant or said.

Having a prayer on a different thread from arguments doesn't equate to leaving a prayer on an argumentive thread -- no matter what happens later on a prayer thread.   Whether or not arguments break out on the prayer thread is a different issue.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.