Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil Update: Dentist surfaces

Sometimes I wonder if people are drawn to a thread like this just so they can tell us how offended they are by it.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@eddyandme

Trophy murder - indeed that's what it is.

The NY Times is reporting that Zimbabwe's minister is asking for extradition.  

@GingerPeach

Thanks, I read on Facebook that this happenned.  Hope they do the same to all involved (scumballs guides).  Perhaps Zimbabwe will ban trophy murder:  if tourism drops, it will definitey happen.  I sometimes wonder (more so lately) how human beings can do the things they do.

This is about money. I hope  Dr. Palmer is placed on a watch list and not allowed to hunt anywhere in the world.

Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Big Game Hunting, or even small game hunting, has been practiced for centuries.   New species?  No.   Countless people from all walks of like, yesteryear & today, hunt on a regular basis.?..even a former President (Teddy Roosevelt).  

Until ALL animals are spared their life, regardless of mounted on a wall or a #3 cheeseburger special at Wendy's, eating & hunting animals will always be part of our World culture.    If you eat'em....you're part of the issue.

Let's not mix apples and oranges.  Not to mention that this is not true.

You are correct, and the same claims took down a previous Cecil line. 

I wish people who went off topic like that started their own line instead.

Sidsmom will bring diet into any subject 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Big Game Hunting, or even small game hunting, has been practiced for centuries.   New species?  No.   Countless people from all walks of like, yesteryear & today, hunt on a regular basis.?..even a former President (Teddy Roosevelt).  

Until ALL animals are spared their life, regardless of mounted on a wall or a #3 cheeseburger special at Wendy's, eating & hunting animals will always be part of our World culture.    If you eat'em....you're part of the issue.

Let's not mix apples and oranges.  Not to mention that this is not true.

You are correct, and the same claims took down a previous Cecil line. 

I wish people who went off topic like that started their own line instead.

Sidsmom will bring diet into any subject 

So typical and so not relevant.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll say it Ms Goldenlocks - I'd shoot out said dentist's knee caps and put him out on the 'Getti' and well, watch the feeding frenzie.

What a sick man he is along with the so called giudes he had.  And they all claiimed to have NOT KNOWN Cecil truly was the KING of his jungle.  We HATE LIARS.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic of this thread.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because contains deleted quote - off topic

Honored Contributor

I had posted an article about the outpouring of donations to the Oxford group studying Cecil, anti-poaching efforts, efforts to end sport killing, etc., however the  Mods determined it was "off topic" and removed it.

I don't understand how it's "off topic", if it helps to know that Cecil's death is helping to bring about change.

If anyone is interested in reading about the donations pouring in (to who and from who) you can find the article on the Daily Mail UK.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom

I think the post that was removed was the Planned Parenthood post and then your post was probably accidentally included.  I had one, too, that said to the poster of the PP post to start her own thread and gave her a link to a PP petition if she was so inclined.

Yours was clearly NOT off-topic.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I hope Cecil's death brings about change in this sport.  It is just beyond ridiculous.  This just shouldnt be allowed and I will never understand what people get from it. 

If people want to particpate in this sport, then they should go in with bare hands and fight it out with the animal, at least it will give the animal a fair chance.  I think whoever particpates in this sport is just a coward.