Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil Beanie Baby Unveiled

Thank you, Pandalady Smiley Happy

When I was a kid, it was common for adults not to see how special animals are and that they feel pain and emotions just like we do.  There is a reason humans are listed as animals under "species".  And we are genetically close to other primates.

People could be openly cruel to animals in those days, often getting rid of their babies.  I think most of us who love and respect animals are aware they have feelings like we do.  I knew that as a child and I know I wasn't alone.  But so many people denied that, said we were foolish. 

Now we have scientific studies to back that up, to see activity in the brains of animals in the same area that humans show for emotions.  Think here of all the popular videos of dogs reacting when their human comes home from military duty... the dogs are ecstaticly happy.  That's emotion right there, no study needed.

Thank goodness things have changed now and we have laws to protect animals, and most of society cringes and feels a great loss over incidents like what was done to Cecil.  Most.  Not all.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices