Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Anytime something nice comes up or people are happy about something, there's always a spate of those who will try to rain on the parade.

I agree.  If people want to buy the Cecil Beanie Baby that's great. If they want to donate directly to the organization that's great too. I will never understand why it's always one or the other. 

Or that if your choice isn't theirs, you're gullible or stupid.

Anyone *can*, i.e. is ABLE, to express an opinion without being deliberately offensive; some choose to be negatively offensive.

In this thread, which is about potentially buying beanie babies to both support a worthy organization (NOT a "cause") and as a reminder of one lion's (and what he represents) loss, the negative opinions have been amusingly inappropriate because they simply have no relevance in the discussion that was ongoing before they arrived to put their (misplaced in this thread) 2 cents in.

I never once called anyone stupid or anything else.  I commented they were cute and reasonably priced as well.

Organization/cause  tomato/tomahto what's the point.

Misplaced,irrelevant? In your opinion maybe I find it relevant.  It's being marketed as supporting a charity and while there may actually be money headed that way, it's going to be nil for supporting.  Had they just sold it as a keepsake I would have more respect for it.

I'm glad you find my 2 cents amusing, guess what, it's worth the same 2 cents you put in.   Now we're both amused. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil Beanie Baby Unveiled

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, this is the group that the Ty money is going to support. Funny - I never knew Oxford University officially promoted or ran charities.  That's because it doesn't. And the "cause" is research that might make a difference. The Wildlife Conservation Research Unit exists to do *research* on worldwide conservation of wildlife populations harmed by *many* causes. The Park they are working when they were tracking Cecil is a small part of what they do. It's not as simple as 'donate and it will stop/go towards stopping hunting and poaching where Cecil lived.' This project goes way beyond one national park or country in Africa. I think perhaps, after consideration, that may be why Ty chose it.

http://curiyo.com/en/ngtopic/WildCRU?pid=usatoday.com&om=fullwin&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@debc wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Anytime something nice comes up or people are happy about something, there's always a spate of those who will try to rain on the parade.

I agree.  If people want to buy the Cecil Beanie Baby that's great. If they want to donate directly to the organization that's great too. I will never understand why it's always one or the other. 

Or that if your choice isn't theirs, you're gullible or stupid.

Anyone *can*, i.e. is ABLE, to express an opinion without being deliberately offensive; some choose to be negatively offensive.

In this thread, which is about potentially buying beanie babies to both support a worthy organization (NOT a "cause") and as a reminder of one lion's (and what he represents) loss, the negative opinions have been amusingly inappropriate because they simply have no relevance in the discussion that was ongoing before they arrived to put their (misplaced in this thread) 2 cents in.

I never once called anyone stupid or anything else.  

Actually, your word was "delusional" (see your post #9).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

it needs a black mane.

It has one. This mane is much darker than usual lions.

i dont think they did a good job on this Beanie.  They got the mane wrong.  Should be gold around his face and then black around his neck.  Here he is.

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you, but what do you want for $5.99?

At least they did the darker mane to symbolize Cecil.

I'm sure Lund or one of the other more expensive stuffed animal companies will come out with a more exact replica, but it'll cost quite a bit more money, with all profit going to the company.

I'm happy with this one, especially because the profit goes to research.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Cute!  We can tell the little ones that a 'not-so-nice' person hurt Cecil the Lion, and that we must make sure that we take good care of this special lion.  (Just remembering a similar situation: 'Bambi', who was orphaned by a hunter.)  Just another way to encourage the youngsters to be more careful and to take good care of their pets, and all animals in general.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IG, thank you for posting this information.Cat Very Happy  I will definitely purchase one, too!

Romary1, I liked your post about teaching the "little ones" lessons about taking care of all of God's creatures!Heart

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

In case anyone wants to be proper, his name is pronounced SEH-SIL.  

I was saying SEE-SIL to myself but since the British organization named him, I thought those of you who haven't already seen or heard this might like to know.

And yes, it's never EITHER/OR.  It's always BOTH/AND.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.