Honored Contributor

Re: Caution: Grumble Alert (This post might be a downer.)

I live in maine,I HATE WINTER,the ice ,cold ,snow ,give me spring and summer,but agree hate it if it gets humid.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Not a fan of summer. If it is 74 degrees with a dewpoint of 50 I'm okay.

I do love fall and wish it would hang around longer.   

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it but it's definitely the hardest season for me to deal with physically. I love when autumn winds start to signal the change. 

Honored Contributor

I get out by little after 6 a.m. and water stuff that can't be reached by the sprinkler system to keep it from dying.

all depends on your electric rates. TX., I believe have some of the highest electric rates in the U.S.  You have to treat your a/c like a luxury because it's the highest bill you have (up there with your mortgage if you have one)

To us it is a luxury. We had screen put on patio door and Wed having a screen put on front door to get the morning cool air till we can turn on the luxury and run it few hrs. a day.

I got heavy duty steel fans no cheap plastic box fans to run most of the day, ceiling fans, etc. Everything is bigger in Tx especailly the electric bills LOL

Trusted Contributor

I dislike the heat and humidity.  I cannot afford to use AC so I find summer to be tough.  A cool Spring and a crisp Fall are my favorites.  I even enjoy cold weather and snow although I do not want 30 inches of snow at a time.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hey @KailaS one month ours was 510.00 !

We put the hammer down after that. LOL

Honored Contributor

I love it.

I love all the fresh local fruit & veggies.

I love sunset at 8pm

About the time I get tired of it,  it's over and my next favorite season begins.

FOOTBALL season!

Honored Contributor

As much as I do abhor summer, one thing for which I am grateful is our low humidity.   I live in a basically arid climate.    I absolutely could not deal if we had high temps with high humidity.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

As much as I do abhor summer, one thing for which I am grateful is our low humidity.   I live in a basically arid climate.    I absolutely could not deal if we had high temps with high humidity.

What other 3 seasons?  We have had summer all year this year.  I think we had one 3 day cold spell.

I like it warm but really not over 80.  80, with a breeze, is comfortable.  90+ just isn't!

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Am I the only one in this world who hates summer?

Not my favorite I like September into the Fall months.