Respected Contributor

Re: Caution: Grumble Alert (This post might be a downer.)

If the alternative is winter - I'll take summer anyday!  I think I am enjoying summer more and more because I am despising winter more and more. 

Respected Contributor

Image result for i love summer

Honored Contributor

When I lived in southern CA without a/c, I hated summer.  My allergies were awful.  Now, living in the PNW, winter is my least favorite season.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

No. I LOVE summer!

Me too!  I love summer more than I could ever express!!  Always, always, always my absolutely favorite time of year.  :-)

Respected Contributor

Summer has it good points and bad, same as Winter.  But I'd take Summer any day over cold and snow. 

Respected Contributor

In NYC summer can really be oppressive. Garbage stinks on the streets, the subway stations are airless.

We live in an old apt., no central ac. Can't have more than 1 room running at the same time without blowing fuses. 

Tried the portable ac, worthless. I refuse to block a window, we have 3 way cross ventilation, so usually comfortable, for an ac that can't be run without shutting down bedroom ac. (There are no sleeves for ac).

We have about 9 fans.

My mother didn't  like summer either. For me the heat,

humidity, bugs, smells, noises-sirens constantly get me nuts.

Honored Contributor

When I lived in LA, I hated summer. I hated the heat, the tourist crowds, and how much it cost to run the a/c sometimes 24 hrs at a time.

Now that I live in a cooler area, summer is different. I still live in a tourist area, so there are still hordes in many areas I like to go. But I'm also retired, so there's less stress about that. Summer in my immediate area is often chilly and foggy and sunless in July and August. Farther afield, in other spots, it's 95-105. I pick my visits to those areas carefully, and skip thngs I'd really enjoy doing when it gets above 90.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

If the alternative is winter - I'll take summer anyday!  I think I am enjoying summer more and more because I am despising winter more and more. 

@hoosieroriginal

Amen, amen and AMEN!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@tansy

@IMW

@Moonchilde

I remember hot summers in NYC and they weren't fun either, but for the most part we were kids and school was out.  We had a basement that we shared witht he upstairs apartment, and it was always cool down there. If it got too hot outside, we kids headed for the basement.

Part of the problem is that my seasons are reversed.  I live in a suburb just north of LA. Our temps don't benefit from the ocean like the beach communities.  Our winters are glorious - 60s and 70s with an occasional rainy day (my personal favorite).  Windows are open all year the weather is absolutely picture perfect.... and then comes summer..... closed up with central air... no one wants to venture outside unless they have to, or unless it's to the beach.

To make matters worse, I'm an introvert.  I'm happiest alone and all the summer gatherings and lack of clothing takes me way out of my comfort zone.  It always seems like the whole world is having fun and I'm just wishing for school to start again.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I loved summers when I lived in NY. I lived in a town right outside of Buffalo and we were close to the lake and had a nice breeze. It wasn't at hot as it is here in NC. The house I lived in didn't have AC but it was only really hot and miserable a handful of times during the summer. I do miss summers there. They have the most beautiful summers.

When I am in Raleigh, I hate the summers. So hot and very humid. When we are down at the beach I don't mind it at all because we have a constant breeze and I am usually out in the water whether it be kayaking, swimming, waterskiing or on the boat, jetskiing or windsurfing. That makes it a lot more fun. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK