Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cat's Favorite Food, You'll Never Guess What It Is!

@athenian wrote:

We had a cat who loved cantaloupe.  She didn't eat it but would lick and lick the rind.

Another one for cantaloupe. And mangos! Lord, that girl could be back in bed sleeping soundly and til I had a mango sliced in half, she'd be in the kitchen so fast!

She would sit on the kitchen floor by the oven when I was roasting chicken or turkey and wait for the bird to finish roasting. And when I took it out of the oven, she would prance and meow for her share. She got her chicken before we did. She loved Thanksgiving and would spend the morning parked in front of the oven door, waiting for the bird to come out. And when it did, she would meow happily. She loved her chicken and turkey.

And she's the same kitty who shared a breakfast banana with DH every morning of her life. She loved banana. Start peeling a banana and she'd come racing into the kitchen so fast, her butt would literally slide around the corner. She went to the Bridge a few years ago, but there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about that girl.

We have a cat now who loves Frosted Mini Wheats. DH and I were at the grocery store one night. He was going to buy Cheerios, but I said that Tabby liked Frosted Mini Wheats, so we had to get a box for her. There was a lady behind us who started to laugh at us. She said she assumed Tabby was a kitty.....and a very spoiled one at that. And yes, yes, she is. 

Another one of the clan loves Cheez-its. One night DH was sitting on the couch with a bowl of Cheez-its and Mollipop wouldn't leave him alone. He told me that my "girl" was misbehaving; she was on the back of the couch with her two front paws on his chest and her face was in his face and she was chirping away at him. I looked and said, "You're eating Cheez-its! She wants one!" So DH broke a Cheez-it into fourths and Molli was a happy kitty. She only wanted one, then she went on her merry way.

Respected Contributor

Our Goldie Boy loved Jimmy John's (sandwiches) and chips.  He was a rescue cat so I let him eat whatever he would eat after a hard life on the outside.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought cats were not supposed to consume seasoning salt.  Most all the foods mentioned in this thread are seasoned with at least that.  I'm pretty sure that seasonings of any kind are not good for a cat. 

Honored Contributor

I had a Himalayian that went crazy over potato chips......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I've heard that cats like corn - from the cob or can/frozen.  Must be cooked.  I will have to try some on my cats. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Wow thats something with the corn on the cob! Our 7 month old kitten eats elbow macaroni (we take off as much of the sauce that we can first and limit it to a few pieces). Another cat we had  (that has since passed away) used to eat spaghetti. We held it up ala Lady and the Tramp (but with our fingers not our mouth). But she would eat it while it was dangling and we took pictures which everyone got a kick out of. (again we took all the sauce off we could first).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

We had a cat that was wild for corn on the cob and would clean it off slick as a whistle.  He wasn't after the butter either, just the corn.  He'd put his foot on one end  and start chomping and growling--yum yum yum yum.  People would laugh and laugh at that cat.  

He loved green beans too by the way.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cat eating corn on the cob? That's not unusual! My childhood cat loved corn on the cob! My mom would make one for him when we had corn! He held his own corn too. We'd set it on a paper plate on the floor, he's set his paws on it and eat away! He would completely clean it up! 

"Pure Michigan"