Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Hickox sues Gov of NJ

Her suit has no merit.  She won't see a penny.

Respected Contributor

@brii wrote:

Her suit has no merit.  She won't see a penny.

brii, I hope you're right.  But we see it all too often, juries awarding ridiculous settlements to plaintiffs based on emotions and not on reality.  

Even if she loses, the state of NJ (the taxpayers) will have to pay for the process which may include delays, various motions and appearances in court, hours of time spent on research by the legal team, all of which isn't cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

She's only seeking 250k in damages..

Only?  What damages did she suffer? 

I haven't read the suit.  If Christie was so right, he wouldn't have released her.

He released her to medical care in her own state.  And he didn't make any of these decisions on his own.

IMO he did the right thing, and it's ridiculous that she has filed a lawsuit.  As a nurse, she should have understood the potential for widespread danger.  I would have no problem remaining in quarantine under those circumstances.  Sometimes we have to be inconvenienced for the sake of the greater good.  

Her attitude (not just the lawsuit, the way she has behaved since the beginning) is not like any nurse I have ever known. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Stray

Chris Christie followed his own guidelines .  The tent set up in a parking lot?  Really, that's protocol?  

The mass hysteria by him and many people in power was sickening.  The boogie man was coming and so was an election, so go crazy!  Funny how everything quieted down after November.

It's obvious he didn't listen to the right people or actually know how one gets the disease in the first place.

Yes, he and others acted like the village idiots of yester year ready to go after something they knew nothing about.

Believe what you wish...read the CDC guidelines online.  People get frightened when a disease unknown to a population enters the Country and there is no cure.  I am sure she wasn't staying at the Hilton in W Africa.  She wasn't hurt physically and the only one hysterical was Casey.  

Yes, I will continue to believe as I wish and the Christie guidelines were born from hysteria and not facts. 

Hiltons aren't the best hotel chain, poor comparison.  

Casey is strong as iron, told it like it was and wasn't going to stand for being pushed around.  She certainly showed two state governors who was boss! LOL

There was no hysteria. There was the goal of protecting the general population.  Not being cautious could have had devastating consequences.  He did the right thing, and he did it calmly because he knew it was the right thing to do.  No hysteria on his part at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I haven't read the suit.  If Christie was so right, he wouldn't have released her.

He released her to medical care in her own state.  And he didn't make any of these decisions on his own.

IMO he did the right thing, and it's ridiculous that she has filed a lawsuit.  As a nurse, she should have understood the potential for widespread danger.  I would have no problem remaining in quarantine under those circumstances.  Sometimes we have to be inconvenienced for the sake of the greater good.  

Her attitude (not just the lawsuit, the way she has behaved since the beginning) is not like any nurse I have ever known. 

She is an awesome woman as well as a nurse.  She  sacrificed a lot by going to another country to help very sick people.  That is to be admired.

When she returned to the U.S. and landed in NJ, she was manhandled and treated like a convict. 

I like her attitude and the way she stands her ground and will not be bullied.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

She is an awesome woman as well as a nurse.  She  sacrificed a lot by going to another country to help very sick people.  That is to be admired.

When she returned to the U.S. and landed in NJ, she was manhandled and treated like a convict. 

I like her attitude and the way she stands her ground and will not be bullied.  

She absolutely was not manhandled and treated like a convict.  That's completely false.  I know this for a fact because of what I do for a living.  I've been familiar with the details of this situation from the very beginning.

It had nothing to do with being bullied.  She didn't care about anyone other than herself.

Yes, what she did as a nurse going to another country is definitely something to be admired.  But that only makes it look worse that she didn't give two figs about the people here.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In regard to the tent, I recall images of her heated tent, which didn't look all that shabby.  I also recall images of her in that tent in tee shirt and pants, looking fine and none too worse for wear.  She decided in her selfishness and in her "How dare anyone treat me like this" attitude that she was going to make a stink about it.

ETA:

Embedded image permalink

Image result for kaci hickox tent imagesImage result for kaci hickox tent images

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

In regard to the tent, I recall images of her heated tent, which didn't look all that shabby.  I also recall images of her in that tent in tee shirt and pants, looking fine and none too worse for wear.  She decided in her selfishness and in her "How dare anyone treat me like this" attitude that she was going to make a stink about it.

ETA:

Embedded image permalink

Image result for kaci hickox tent imagesImage result for kaci hickox tent images

She is and was far from selfish with respect to her being in the tent.  She traveled thousands of miles to help the sick and dying.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Helping people in Ebola has nothing to do with her treatment she received when she got back to the U.S. Guidelines were out in place that people coming back from treating Ebola patients were to be quarantined. She did not receive poor treatment
Respected Contributor

"She is and was far from selfish with respect to her being in the tent.  She traveled thousands of miles to help the sick and dying."

Yes she did, MyGirlsMom, but she acted like a petulant, spoiled child and an irresponsible adult upon her return instead of the responsible medical professional she should have been.  

It's ok if we disagree on this. :-)