Esteemed Contributor

Re: Casey Hickox sues Gov of NJ

@Kalli wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

She's only seeking 250k in damages..

If she wants that kind of $, she should go to work and earn it,  not steal it from hard-working taxpayers because she was offended for being retained.  

I'm no fan of CC.  But in this case, I think he erred on the side of caution.  

Obviously she has a degree and a profession.  If for anything else, she should win her case because of the Governors high handedness, stupidity and just plain bullying.

p.s. she's a tax payer, not a moocher.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Only?  What damages did she suffer? 

Seriously... that's hardly chump change... Her reasons are of the 'cry me a river' variety.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I haven't read the suit.  If Christie was so right, he wouldn't have released her.

He released her to send her by motorcade to Maine where she lived at taxpayer expense.  She had a fever when she deplaned and according to guidelines the Gov received, she was to be detained.  She tested neg for Ebola in 24 hrs but again was to be quarantined for the remaining 21 day incubation period in Maine which she refused to do.  We know little about Ebola and the prognosis is not good...to err with caution is best.  Her BF was not allowed back in nursing school if he had contact with her.  Would she be suing the Maine gov as well or if she landed in NYC where Gov Cuomo was in agreement, I guess he would have been sued.  Sorry, her care for those with Ebola in W Africa was admirable but her behavior in the USA was not.  I would be hard pressed to sue anyone trying to protect the public.  

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

If she wants that kind of $, she should go to work and earn it,  not steal it from hard-working taxpayers because she was offended for being retained.  

Obviously she has a degree and a profession.  If for anything else, she should win her case because of the Governors high handedness, stupidity and just plain bullying.

She's a moocher if she takes $ from innocent taxpayers who ARE working hard to earn money, money they probably don't want to give away to someone just because  that person was offended for being retained after she voluntarily entered an area of the world that may have exposed her to a deadly disease and then flew into a state full of folks who wanted to be protected from that disease.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I haven't read the suit.  If Christie was so right, he wouldn't have released her.

He released her to send her by motorcade to Maine where she lived at taxpayer expense.  She had a fever when she deplaned and according to guidelines the Gov received, she was to be detained.  She tested neg for Ebola in 24 hrs but again was to be quarantined for the remaining 21 day incubation period in Maine which she refused to do.  We know little about Ebola and the prognosis is not good...to err with caution is best.  Her BF was not allowed back in nursing school if he had contact with her.  Would she be suing the Maine gov as well or if she landed in NYC where Gov Cuomo was in agreement, I guess he would have been sued.  Sorry, her care for those with Ebola in W Africa was admirable but her behavior in the USA was not.  I would be hard pressed to sue anyone trying to protect the public.  

I won't even go into Maine's Loon of a Governor.

Christie acted like a hysterical old man, yelling, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"  He did nothing to help the situation at all. Mass hysteria by him and others made my blood boil.  Act like you have some command of the situation instead of falling to many little pieces.  Give me a break!

Valued Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

She's a moocher if she takes $ from innocent taxpayers who ARE working hard to earn money, money they probably don't want to give away to someone just because  that person was offended for being retained after she voluntarily entered an area of the world that may have exposed her to a deadly disease and then flew into a state full of folks who wanted to be protected from that disease.

Sorry.  It is illegal to detain someone because there are some people who are misguided and suffer from irrational, unsupported fears.  This woman is a smart, educated tax payer, who contributes her time and energy to the care of the sick and dying.  Hardly a "moocher:.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

She deserves every single penny whatever you think and feel. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I won't even go into Maine's Loon of a Governor.

Christie acted like a hysterical old man, yelling, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"  He did nothing to help the situation at all. Mass hysteria by him and others made my blood boil.  Act like you have some command of the situation instead of falling to many little pieces.  Give me a break!

He acted appropriately with public health officials....Christie was acting under the Public Health Act...she will claim her civil liberties were violated which will not hold up.  The CDC developed protocol re Ebola which is online and he followed it.  Governors do not act alone in a case like this; they take direction from the state PH Dept. I am a nurse; she is a nurse.  She has had no training as a micribiologist nor is she an expert in infectious disease nor Ebola just because she cared for patients.  She was not a citizen of NJ and when the PH officials released her, she went home by private car to Maine...

if if you don't care for Gov Christie that's fine but he acted as directed by experts who had more knowledge than Casey.

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

She deserves every single penny whatever you think and feel. 

That's the problem, she thinks she "deserves" $ because she was detained, detained because it was felt she might infect others.  Everybody who sues thinks they "deserve" $ for perceived wrongs that fall upon them.   We've all had things not go our way in this life.  That doesn't mean we all "deserve" monetary compensation.  

This view of giving people money whenever they feel they've been wronged is out of hand.  There are valid lawsuits. But this one isn't one of them.  IMO