Valued Contributor

for unlawful detendtion after she returned from treating Ebola patients.  Just heard she's seeking $250k in damages.  I hope she wins.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Casey Hickox sues Gov of NJ

@Maudelynn wrote:

for unlawful detendtion after she returned from treating Ebola patients.  Just heard she's seeking $250k in damages.  I hope she wins

hmmm, live in NJ here....the Gov was trying to protect people during an outbreak. He is not a doctor and was following CDC advisors....I am a nurse and if I were detained, and was not physically hurt....as a professional, I would think he was acting for the greater good and forget my slight inconvenience...IMHO I think it sets a bad precedent if she wins...

Valued Contributor

You can not detain someone because of fear- that's discriminatory. The governor had no medical creds to do what he did and detained her despite the medical community stating you are not contagious unless showing symptoms, of which she had none.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Respected Contributor

....and where do you think the money to settle this kind of suit comes from??  It's out of the pockets of the rest of the taxpayers.  

Sorry.  I don't agree with this.  She goes to another country to help those folks, comes home and sues her fellow US citizens thereby trying to extort $ from innocent taxpayers.

I really have no respect for anyone who would do this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

....and where do you think the money to settle this kind of suit comes from??  It's out of the pockets of the rest of the taxpayers.  

Sorry.  I don't agree with this.  She goes to another country to help those folks, comes home and sues her fellow US citizens thereby trying to extort $ from innocent taxpayers.

We pay for a lot f things we don't agree with.  His trip to London - His Lawyers for the bridge scandal and Secret Service  protection.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

You can not detain someone because of fear- that's discriminatory. The governor had no medical creds to do what he did and detained her despite the medical community stating you are not contagious unless showing symptoms, of which she had none.

You do realize that there are mere seconds between having no symptoms and having them?!

Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

We pay for a lot f things we don't agree with.  His trip to London - His Lawyers for the bridge scandal and Secret Service  protection.  

Not disagreeing with you on that.  There are so many ways our tax dollars get wasted.  For me, this lawsuit, especially if settled in her favor, is definitely one of them.  

Esteemed Contributor

She's only seeking 250k in damages..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

I believe he was being advised by the CDC; because he doesn't have credentials, he relied on conflicting information from the medical community which during a crisis, may be judged as trying to protect the public.  We didn't know enough about Ebola and the incubation period; you can be totally symptom free but still have the disease...in retrospect, we know more now.  It has also come to light that one of the original cases from England, had a relapse...so the Ebola can be dormant as well.  If she was hurt physically in some way, I would object.  But, I would rather be safe than sorry... 

Esteemed Contributor