Contributor

Re: Casey Hickox sues Gov of NJ

Funny how we remember things differently. I don't remember her running a temperature after the first reading when she got off the plane. 

I remember it was the governors not following the CDC guidelines.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember just prior to Kaci being quarantined Thomas Duncan died of Ebola in a Texas hospital. One nurse attending to Duncan, Nina Pham, became seriously ill with the deadly virus and the other nurse, Amber Vinson, boarded a plane then developed a fever and eventually came down with Ebola. And of course there was Dr Nancy Snyderman who snuck away for soup. At the time anyone exposed to Ebola or even arriving into the states via overseas flights were given the side eye and I'm sure public pressure on politicians must have been staggering. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I hope she doesn't get a cent. I'm so sick of these idiots playing  the victim and looking for 15 minutes of fame. Maybe someday she will  learn what real pain and suffering is.

Esteemed Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

I remember just prior to Kaci being quarantined Thomas Duncan died of Ebola in a Texas hospital. One nurse attending to Duncan, Nina Pham, became seriously ill with the deadly virus and the other nurse, Amber Vinson, boarded a plane then developed a fever and eventually came down with Ebola. And of course there was Dr Nancy Snyderman who snuck away for soup. At the time anyone exposed to Ebola or even arriving into the states via overseas flights were given the side eye and I'm sure public pressure on politicians must have been staggering. 

Good point. The CDC changed thier guidelines after Nina contracted Ebola and the CDC admitted their procedures and training used for Ebola came up short. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

Her suit has no merit.  She won't see a penny.

I hope she doesn't and you are right.  Despite what people think of CC, politically, he did the correct thing.  The Board of Health and CDC consulted with him.  Govs.  can't make medical decisions or invoke a quarantine without such consultation.  The tent was staffed by University hospital and the CDC approved the tent.  She was given wifi access, food of her choice, a PC ....she did have a fever and was considered high risk...case closed..

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

She's only seeking 250k in damages..

Only?  What damages did she suffer? 

I haven't read the suit.  If Christie was so right, he wouldn't have released her.

He released her to medical care in her own state.  And he didn't make any of these decisions on his own.

IMO he did the right thing, and it's ridiculous that she has filed a lawsuit.  As a nurse, she should have understood the potential for widespread danger.  I would have no problem remaining in quarantine under those circumstances.  Sometimes we have to be inconvenienced for the sake of the greater good.  

Her attitude (not just the lawsuit, the way she has behaved since the beginning) is not like any nurse I have ever known. 

I agree, as a nurse myself, I would have no objection to the quarantine based on the knowledge about Ebola at that time.  The Health Dept. directed CC and set up the tent in conjunction with the CDC...frivolous lawsuit and NJ taxpayers foot the bill...

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Stray

Chris Christie followed his own guidelines .  The tent set up in a parking lot?  Really, that's protocol?  

The mass hysteria by him and many people in power was sickening.  The boogie man was coming and so was an election, so go crazy!  Funny how everything quieted down after November.

It's obvious he didn't listen to the right people or actually know how one gets the disease in the first place.

Yes, he and others acted like the village idiots of yester year ready to go after something they knew nothing about.

Believe what you wish...read the CDC guidelines online.  People get frightened when a disease unknown to a population enters the Country and there is no cure.  I am sure she wasn't staying at the Hilton in W Africa.  She wasn't hurt physically and the only one hysterical was Casey.  

Yes, I will continue to believe as I wish and the Christie guidelines were born from hysteria and not facts. 

Hiltons aren't the best hotel chain, poor comparison.  

Casey is strong as iron, told it like it was and wasn't going to stand for being pushed around.  She certainly showed two state governors who was boss! LOL

There was no hysteria. There was the goal of protecting the general population.  Not being cautious could have had devastating consequences.  He did the right thing, and he did it calmly because he knew it was the right thing to do.  No hysteria on his part at all.

The only hysteria was Casy and the media...

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I hope she wins! 

I wouldn't treat my dog the way she was treated.

Outside in a tent indeed!  NJ has AWESOME medical facilities and one of them could have handled her case, the same goes for nearby NY.

Yes, Chris Christie crossed the line in his ignorance of medicine...pandering to the hysterics of many.

Uhh, University Hospital advised the tent and staffed it...I believe it was on the premises. So a possible Ebola case v in a hospital with newborns, cancer patients and innocent people??? You must be kidding.  

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

In regard to the tent, I recall images of her heated tent, which didn't look all that shabby.  I also recall images of her in that tent in tee shirt and pants, looking fine and none too worse for wear.  She decided in her selfishness and in her "How dare anyone treat me like this" attitude that she was going to make a stink about it.

ETA:

Embedded image permalink

Image result for kaci hickox tent imagesImage result for kaci hickox tent images

She is and was far from selfish with respect to her being in the tent.  She traveled thousands of miles to help the sick and dying 

so she should have known better??? 

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

"She is and was far from selfish with respect to her being in the tent.  She traveled thousands of miles to help the sick and dying."

Yes she did, MyGirlsMom, but she acted like a petulant, spoiled child and an irresponsible adult upon her return instead of the responsible medical professional she should have been.  

It's ok if we disagree on this. :-)

I think she handled herself quite well when she returned.  Casey stood up for her rights and proved two Governors wrong in the process.

She didn't prove anyone wrong??? The CDC have current guidelines in place and are exactly what CC did....she didn't have Ebola but others did.