Esteemed Contributor

Re: Casey Hickox sues Gov of NJ

Good for her and I wish her the best of luck with her suit.
Respected Contributor

I didn't read the whole thread but did she complain about being in the tent? I don't remember that. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

"She is and was far from selfish with respect to her being in the tent.  She traveled thousands of miles to help the sick and dying."

Yes she did, MyGirlsMom, but she acted like a petulant, spoiled child and an irresponsible adult upon her return instead of the responsible medical professional she should have been.  

It's ok if we disagree on this. :-)

I think she handled herself quite well when she returned.  Casey stood up for her rights and proved two Governors wrong in the process.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Contributor

I am curious why posters think she should have been quaranteed.  It was my understanding at the time that her first temperature reading was elevated but further readings were normal.  The governor's reactions contributed to the high level of hysteria I saw in the media and regular Americans.

I think she had a much clearer understanding of how Ebola was spread than most politicians.  Too bad she feels the need to resort to suing  in order to better inform the public. But yes we do have to pay for the decisions our elected officials make.

Respected Contributor

@jackiew wrote:

I am curious why posters think she should have been quaranteed.  It was my understanding at the time that her first temperature reading was elevated but further readings were normal.  The governor's reactions contributed to the high level of hysteria I saw in the media and regular Americans.

I think she had a much clearer understanding of how Ebola was spread than most politicians.  Too bad she feels the need to resort to suing  in order to better inform the public. But yes we do have to pay for the decisions our elected officials make.

Hard to believe her goal is to better inform the public because if it were, there are other ways to do that without punishing the hard-working residents of NJ.  

There's money to be made in suing.  Look no further for the goal.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

"She is and was far from selfish with respect to her being in the tent.  She traveled thousands of miles to help the sick and dying."

Yes she did, MyGirlsMom, but she acted like a petulant, spoiled child and an irresponsible adult upon her return instead of the responsible medical professional she should have been.  

It's ok if we disagree on this. :-)

I think she handled herself quite well when she returned.  Casey stood up for her rights and proved two Governors wrong in the process.

She hasn't proven anyone wrong.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where did this $250k figure come from? Certainly that is not from lost wages.

I think Christie did the right thing considering her fever. Better to be safe than sorry. What she did traveling abroad and helping out was a great thing to do. How she acted when she got back was anything but. I would rather be a little too cautious considering she did have a fever and wasn't out of the incubation period. I think she is acting like a petulant child at this point. 

Her boyfriend was attending classes at the University of Maine at the time and the schools vice president of academic affairs said that if he was to visit her at that time he would not have been allowed back on campus per CDCs own rules. 

She certainly wasn't manhandled, that is laughable hyperbole. Cuomo did the same exact thing and they both had the power to do so. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I hope she wins! 

I wouldn't treat my dog the way she was treated.

Outside in a tent indeed!  NJ has AWESOME medical facilities and one of them could have handled her case, the same goes for nearby NY.

Yes, Chris Christie crossed the line in his ignorance of medicine...pandering to the hysterics of many.

It's clear from your many posts that you cannot stand Gov Christie, and not living in that state, not sure why you are so vehement about something that doesn't concern you in another state, but he did the right thing.

Apparently this woman, in addition to all her previous shenanigans and foot stomping when this all happened, now wants payment for her "pain and suffering". Has she not been able to secure a job, or the boyfriend either, so this lawsuit has to "make do" for income?

Putting the safety of many before the "discomfort" of one should be the exact way a leader should handle a situation, even in hindsight if it turns out she was not putting anyone at risk, at the time it happened, this is how they best felt prepared to make sure the community was safe. Had it been a different outcome and she went around in public appearing to be healthy and she did in fact infect hundreds of people, you would be screaming about how poorly they handled the situation.

Your rants have little to do with her being put up in a tent and more about your hatred for the Governor. It shows. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

She's only seeking 250k in damages..

Only?  What damages did she suffer? 

I haven't read the suit.  If Christie was so right, he wouldn't have released her.

He released her to medical care in her own state.  And he didn't make any of these decisions on his own.

IMO he did the right thing, and it's ridiculous that she has filed a lawsuit.  As a nurse, she should have understood the potential for widespread danger.  I would have no problem remaining in quarantine under those circumstances.  Sometimes we have to be inconvenienced for the sake of the greater good.  

Her attitude (not just the lawsuit, the way she has behaved since the beginning) is not like any nurse I have ever known. 

you must not know about other nurse(s) who post here with the same attitutude. LOL.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

So did she complain about being in a tent or is this what posters think she should have done? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____