Honored Contributor

Whether we think she was guilty or not, the verdict came in...not quilty.  We must  not forget that a person is considered by the laws of this land, innocent until proven guilty. That law protects us all. No, it isn't perfect but it's the best I've seen.  The jury decided...the verdict is in.  I agree, it's time to let it go.  As I thought about this post today, I think of Caley surrounded by people who love her and a God that will make sure nothing but happiness comes to  her now.  That gives me a lot of comfort.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Whether we think she was guilty or not, the verdict came in...not quilty.  We must  not forget that a person is considered by the laws of this land, innocent until proven guilty. That law protects us all. No, it isn't perfect but it's the best I've seen.  The jury decided...the verdict is in.  I agree, it's time to let it go.  As I thought about this post today, I think of Caley surrounded by people who love her and a God that will make sure nothing but happiness comes to  her now.  That gives me a lot of comfort.

Her life was taken , there was a cover up of some sort, she killed her little girl,yes she is in heaven,but justice was not done.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@jubilantA kinder God would have  helped the child. To put her through such torture  and evil  and  then after the fact to give her happiness?? That is not my God. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

She was found not guilty.

Those who continue to hound her disgust me.

@occasionalrain

After sitting on 9 Jury Panels, to me being found "not guilty" is not the same as "being innocent" of a crime. If you have sat on a "jury of your peers", and went to the "deliberation room" with them?  I think most that have done so get a much different view of the "jury of our peers" Justice System". Unfortunately, like politics and religion, some people are permanently fixated on only their view and or perception.

Is there a better one in any country? No! But were I to be charged with a heinous crime, which I did not commit? My choice would be to have a Sitting Judge render the verdict. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Revealed: Dad-of-one who is Casey Anthony's new boyfriend has a daughter close in age to Caylee

This is does not seem like a good idea to me.... ~SeaMaiden~

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6416937/amp/Casey-Anthonys-new-boyfriend-young-daughter.htm...

@SeaMaiden   This makes me sick.  I also heard that she wants to have another baby.  I am not sure if you are on facebook or not but there is a boycott any program with the Anthony's.  They are making a lot of money off of Caylees death.  

Did you know they do not work anymore?  Also they have not made a mortgage paymeny in years?   It just goes on and on. It sickens me to see this poor baby has not gotten justice.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Casey Anthony

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I’ve always wondered......

There have been a ton of ‘parent-kills-child’ stories

throughout the decades.

Why has this particular story remained in the news cycle?

Whenever I see her name, there’s always a thought-bubble

over my head that says, “Geeeze, why is she relevant?”

In the age of not naming the shooter/killer, I’m always surprised

why the Public hangs on one particular icky person. 

I’ve never commented on a Casey Anthony thread & probably 

never will again, but just perplexed,

Why do people crawl over themselves to keep her name in the news? 

@sidsmom

Many people spent a lot of time watching every minute of her trial on TV.  I don't think there are other trials of parents accused of killing their children that are televised and that get the kind of coverage hers did.

People seemed totally invested in it and obsessed with it.  It was a TV event.  Like O.J.'s trial was.  Lots of men kill their wives, but their trials aren't a TV series.

So news about these people brings them back to their obsession.

@QueenDanceALot

Thanks. And I understand why OJ was of interest. He was famous

before the trail but this Casey Anthony was an unknown.

OK...to peel back the layers...with her being totally unknown.

HOW did it get to the point of being televised?  

Why this trial?

Why this girl?

@Pearlee Thoughts?

@sidsmom

Good question how it got to the point of being televised.  Maybe some tenancious reporter(s) glommed onto the story and kept pushing it in front of the public.  Sure the baby was cute, but I'm sure there are many cute babies who have died at the hands of a parent.  They just don't have a news outlet interested, for whatever reason?  And then there was the "Who Done It?" aspect.  It wasn't cut and dry.  More drama that way.

My only comparison to OJ was that it turned into a soap opera, a TV mini series, a MUST WATCH event.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

throughout the decades.

@sidsmom

Many people spent a lot of time watching every minute of her trial on TV.  I don't think there are other trials of parents accused of killing their children that are televised and that get the kind of coverage hers did.

People seemed totally invested in it and obsessed with it.  It was a TV event.  Like O.J.'s trial was.  Lots of men kill their wives, but their trials aren't a TV series.

@QueenDanceALot

Why this trial?

Why this girl?

@Pearlee Thoughts?

I  think I know why,

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden, I don't understand why GOD  allows  these things to happen ,i asked that for years after my son shane was taken at 27,   it still seems un fair to me ,he went through so very much ,after the car accident ,then 3 years later the last operation, for a below the knee amputation ,he was taken on the operating table, it stayed with my husband this question ,until he died in2013,i can only hope he got the answer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden An innocent young woman who didn't want to face her mother, who would blame her and never forgive her, would try to make it seem a stranger was responsible. How many young women, not wanting their parents to know, conceal their pregnancies and dispose of their baby. Even now when they can leave the child at a hospital or police station with no questions asked, still dispose of the child. People panic and behave unreasonably.

Casey was overcharged. You can't convict when cause of death is unknown and there is no scene or weapon found.

It was all supposition with no proof to back it up. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

throughout the decades.

@sidsmom

@QueenDanceALot

Why this trial?

Why this girl?

@Pearlee Thoughts?

Wasn't the Jodie Arias trial televised? I think there have been others, not just OJ and Casey A.