Esteemed Contributor

Carrie is gorgeous, I have always thought she was just beautiful. I didn't see the awards show, but saw clips of her performance. I couldn't tell a difference, but my glasses and eyes are old.

I don't know if any of you have ever had a scar on your face, but it isn't fun. I imagine it is even less fun if you are young and beautiful.

I'll spare the details, but I have 2 small scars on the tip of my nose, from a dermatologist. I have been to a plastic surgeon, I don't even remember what she said, I think her fix was gonna be filler. A different dermatologist did several laser treatments, these scars look better now, but they are still there. I hate them. I have stuff done yearly to try to minimize them.

People tell me they can't see them, I clearly can. I don't look the same.  I totally sympathize with Carrie.

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat

I know how you feel. I have a scar on the side of my nose from skin cancer surgery six years ago. I had a 2nd surgery to debulk it somewhat but it is still noticeable. I have

started using Cimeosil scar gel again but it probably won't help much.

Honored Contributor

Here is my take on it. 

I'm not a real following fan, so I haven't ever seen her as a drama queen or anything. I hear her music and see her on award shows, and that is really most of what I know about her.

She is/was quite beautiful. Her ticket to fame is her voice, but we all know that the 'prettier' the package, the more it sells, like it or not. She has had a great body and a beautiful and young looking face over the course of her career. Many women are really showing signs of aging in their face, when they are as busy as she has been in entertainment over the years. 

Unless the fall was completely made up (and I don't believe it was), she supposedly took 40 to 50 stitches to the face. That would be enough to traumatize anyone, especially someone who relies on being seen on stage and screen so closely. I know I would have kept things quiet myself, until I had begun the process of healing and repair. 

I'm sure she has had plastic surgery, she'd have to to hide that kind of scarring and repair the damage. So I don't see the issue with that happening. 

They put fake tears on her face for the performance, and I feel that was done as it fit with the song she performed, but I think it was also a trick to bring our eyes up to her eyes, and away from the lower part of her face, which in certain glimpses did look different to me. 

She appeared in full performance makeup and hair. They can do wonders with that. I'm sure if we met her on the street and she was wearing no makeup, we'd notice something for sure. 

I feel bad that everyone distrusts what has been released, as I understand that many in entertainment will do anything for attention, but I honestly don't think this is any part of what has happened here. I could be wrong, and in time if it was just a ploy for attention, or to cover up her having some procedures just to look younger etc. it will come out. In the mean time, I'm going to give her my admiration for going through something so altering and coming out the other side. 

And all the talk about her legs, like they just showed up since the accident? I've noticed those strong and beautiful legs of hers for years. She really has it all!

Trusted Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

I am with those thinking that she probably had some plastic surgery.  I also agree that she is one drama queen -- desperately needing attention.  She hadn't been in the news for a while, so bam -- scar that no one can apparently see on her face.  Geez.

Off subject -- but I thought she looked awful on the ACMs and sounded awful as well.  Didn't care for her new song even a little bit.  I think she is just starting to get a little more weird  as time passes.

Look what happened to Ann Margaret’s face after she fell of a stage.  Result of bad plastic surgery.  She looks pretty bad to this date.

At least Carrie looks pretty much the same as before her accident.

We should all be as iucky to be as beautiful as her.   And possess the talent she has.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Going on and on about this makes her look really vain and shallow. She needs to get over herself.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@tsavorite   I believe she had a new song or new album coming out and this is just another PR prank.  I saw her and there was no difference.  She can afford the best plastic surgeons.   Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I follow Carrie on FB and Twitter.  I follow the country music rags as well as other country music related sites.

Up until the ACMs this week, she posted about new music, her husband and kid.  She never posted anything about the accident except for the initial incident with the surgery for her wrist, her later post to fans about the stitches in her face and that one sentence that she didn't look the same (which, as I posted above, I took to mean she didn't look the same while she was healing from the bruising and lacerations).

I saw the gym photo, but her one side is not in the photo.

She has not talked about this ad nauseum nor has any of the country music community.

The eye makeup is a nod to the publicity photo for the new single, Cry Pretty.  When she was teasing the song, she used the photo.  When you download said song, the image is her with the eye sparklies.  That's why she had it on on the ACMs.

I was surprised at the reaction from the audience when she performed.  Her accident was not on the level of a Gloria Estefan or Barbara Mandrell.

She is now on a publicity tour for the new single and the new album, so she will be on every tv, radio, podcast and social media outlet and they will all ask her about the accident and this will continue to be a story until it's not.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I saw her on the internet for a small clip....she looks lovely, but I know little about her or her music. 

Honored Contributor

A lot of the talking that has been going on has been done by newspapers and magazines but Carrie herself has spoken about how gruesome her injuries were.  One only needs to google 'Carrie Underwood Accident' to see what has been going on and everything that has been said.

She could have done a lot to ****** this in the bud.  Instead she's posting photos on Instagram with one side of her face showing, a huge portion of her face covered by a hat and scarf, etc.

It seems to me that with all the various photos that have been posted since this happened, her entire face has been shown an nothing can be seen.  In the gym photo posted here, more of the right side of her face is showing but in a recent photo she posted in Instagram, her entire left side of her face is showing. 

I just don't think it's that bad to anyone but Carrie.

@sidsmom, the reason I mentioned that Carrie sounded like a nice woman is because some within the thread were talking about her being a diva or having a diva attitude.  

Honored Contributor

Because someone is talented, beautiful, and rich, some people will have no sympathy at all for them as human beings, no matter what happens to them.

I wonder about people who are jealous of everyone and everything because life must be miserable for them.  Or maybe not.  I guess they enjoy it or they wouldn't do it.

I can't imagine how they feel when bad things happen to them.  Do they think that others less fortunate are out there saying "good enough for 'em?"