Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Because someone is talented, beautiful, and rich, some people will have no sympathy at all for them as human beings, no matter what happens to them.

I wonder about people who are jealous of everyone and everything because life must be miserable for them.  Or maybe not.  I guess they enjoy it or they wouldn't do it.

I can't imagine how they feel when bad things happen to them.  Do they think that others less fortunate are out there saying "good enough for 'em?"

Most of us "regular folk" do not broadcast and make a huge deal over the Internet and TV about what goes on with us. What we deal with....we just deal with it.  Carrie is drama queen and seems to need  lots of sympathy focused on her mishap....above and beyond what is "normal". God Forbid something really awful happens to her.... 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Because someone is talented, beautiful, and rich, some people will have no sympathy at all for them as human beings, no matter what happens to them.

I wonder about people who are jealous of everyone and everything because life must be miserable for them.  Or maybe not.  I guess they enjoy it or they wouldn't do it.

I can't imagine how they feel when bad things happen to them.  Do they think that others less fortunate are out there saying "good enough for 'em?"

Most of us "regular folk" do not broadcast and make a huge deal over the Internet and TV about what goes on with us. What we deal with....we just deal with it.  Carrie is drama queen and seems to need  lots of sympathy focused on her mishap....above and beyond what is "normal". God Forbid something really awful happens to her.... 

My point has been made.

Valued Contributor
Please drop the jealousy bit. That is so childish.
Maybe someone can explain the lady at the gym saying she didn't notice anything. That really baffles me.
Honored Contributor

http://people.com/country/carrie-underwood-details-accident-wasnt-hiding/

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

http://people.com/country/carrie-underwood-details-accident-wasnt-hiding/

This is really silly!  OMGoodness LOL only 2 days ago yahoo had a story and she was saying there was more to come things that she wasn't yet comfortable talking about!  She was going to drag it out even more LOL!  Now today due to pressure from her fans or the media I don't know she goes on a radio show saying she wasn't hiding and she's fine talking about it.  

I need to stop reading those celebrity mag's at the beauty salon...

Super Contributor

On the E Entertainment show this evening they showed her being interviewed on a radio show today and she said she had the stitches near her mouth.  The interviewer asked if she broke any teeth and she said just a small chip.  I don't know, I just find this all hard to believe. 40 stitches near your mouth and no teeth broken.  She said she didn't notice until she went in the house and saw it in mirror.  Wouldn't you definitely feel it if it was something near your mouth requiring 40 stitches!   Many say it was a cosmetic surgery gone wrong.  I am wondering if that is indeed what it was.  For some reason she never seemed genuine to me, superficial.  Very talented though.

Super Contributor

her injury to her face was under her nose and upper left side of lip- I also think she might of broken her nose- she just said she might look different but really she doesn't, great plastic surgeon, but she seemed to want to hide behind the mike and her hair that night- give her sometime and she will be fine- anyone that has facial injuries gets a little self conscious- she is lucky she didn't hit her head and have permanent injuries

Trusted Contributor

@ an excellent plastic surgeon and heavy stage makeup goes a long way.   I wonder if she had her wrist/ arm casted, had surgery, pins etc. I am sure that was painful enough. She is so pretty and an amazing talent. I am glad she is recovering well. As someone else mentioned it could have been much worse, head injury, broken leg or hip. Glad you are doing better Carrie !

Esteemed Contributor

We heard her say on the top story last night on E.T. that she was aftraid her son 

would be afraid of her. Guess she meant when it first happened.

The rest of my family said what is she talking about there is nothing to see.

Honored Contributor

“I got to love it so everyone else can love it.”

Well said, Mary J. Blige...well said.

Here are some popular celebrities (Mary J. Blige, Tina Fey,

Padma Lakshmi, Kylie Jenner, Seal) with very visible scars

who have embraced the uniqueness of their situation.

Maybe Carrie will embrace her uniqueness in time, as well.

0C633B69-6F41-47E5-B346-C4955CB549B3.jpeg