Respected Contributor

Re: Carpool Karaoke- Paul McCartney

We saw Paul McCartney in both 2016 & 2017.  The first was an outdoor venue while the second indoor.  In 2016 his voice was weak but last year, he sounded stronger than ever. 

As for his appearance, stage make-up and hair dye made him appear much younger than he did in the TV special.

Still love him.  James Corden is extremely talented in his own right.  It was a pleasant surprise to see him in Ocean's 8.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I loved how they posted the Tweets and Instagram posts from people who were there on the street.  I had to keep freezing it to read them all.  People were losing their minds.  

Whoever produced this did such a wonderful job with it.

@VaBelle35I actually didn't like that - they blocked out my being able to see Sir Paul!  Heart   And you had to read so fast that there really wasn't time.  I would have rather seen Sir Paul - I don't care what other people say!

Respected Contributor

It was a real treat, enjoyed every minute.  I remember when the Beatles came to US to perform on Ed Sullivan's show.  I was a fan, the same age of the Beatles and loved them for years until Yoko Ono and Paul's wife got involved......  The best part of Paul is that even at 76, he still has that "little boy look"......

Esteemed Contributor

thank you so much for posting about this I had no idea it was to be on as I don't watch this shiw.  I had to watch it on demand cause I didn't read it until yesterday.  It was so wonderful ,  Paul is so down  to earth and funny!  Loved his reference about the condensed milk and how Let it be come about ,  brought tears to my eyes.   I've seen him in concert a few times and each time I walked away feeling like it was just surreal !!!  He and his music have a way of doing that.  The Beatles are part of my history ,  there songs are part of my life ,  the music they made will live on for decades to come.  Paul's music after the Beatles as well .  It doesn't matter to me how old he gets or looks or if his voice is weaker ....he is still Sir Paul , there will never be another.  Hope to see him in concert at least one more time as one day he will stop touring.