Honored Contributor

Re: Carpool Karaoke- Paul McCartney

This is just fabulous. I’m so glad they did the one hour special. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Just finished watching and it was amazing to see and hear the story behind Penny Lane and the house where he lived with his Dad and wrote songs with John Lennon. What a gracious and humble man not to mention my favorite Beatle!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Valued Contributor

And how LET IT BE came to be ..... tears❣️ From beginning to end, WONDERFUL!!!!❤️

Respected Contributor

This was the best new show of the summer.

Honored Contributor

I watched most of that show and it was so great!!!! James is clearly a big fan and so enjoyed Paul. I would be thrilled beyond to have been there. I lived, slept and breathed the Beatles when I was a kid----still play many of their albums now!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Going to be honest here....and expect to get flack for it.  I grew up loving  Paul....I dreamed about marrying him when I was 12.....   knew every song he every sang by heart still to this day.

AND I am no spring chicken....but PC does not sing well any more...honest truth.   He just needs to stop now...enjoy his fame and all the love people have  for him....just stop singing.

It is hard to see my handsome Paul so old😩.....still love him..... always will....

but,  just stop trying to sing like you are 20.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Going to be honest here....and expect to get flack for it.  I grew up loving  Paul....I dreamed about marrying him when I was 12.....   knew and kniwc very song he every sang by heart still to this day.

AND I am no spring chicken....but PC does not sing well any more...honest truth.   He just needs to stop now...enjoy his fame and all the love people ha ve for him....just stop singing.

It is hard to see my handsome Paul so old😩.....still love him..... always will....

but,  just stop trying to sing like you are 20.

@SeaMaiden  Much as I still love Sir Paul, I agree his voice is not the voice of his Beatles days any more.  I first noticed that when I went to the third of his live concerts I went to - in 2016.  In fact, it was worse then than when I saw him just a year before in 2015.  And it was worse in Corden's TV show.   Therefore, I don't think I'd pay the high ticket price to go see him live again.  His voice has truly thinned out, and can't reach the high notes any more that he used to reach.   However,  I still truly admire his love of performing (the three times I saw him, after playing each time for 3.5 hours, he didn't even want to leave the stage and would have kept right on playing and singing  if it had been his choice!).  He has an incredible amount of energy for a man of 76 yrs. old - my hat's off to him for beginning yet another tour soon (to promote the new CD I assume).   But I have to agree with you and not give you flak - is voice is not the same, beautiful sweet voice from his days as a Beatle.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hsawaknow wrote:

Just finished watching and it was amazing to see and hear the story behind Penny Lane and the house where he lived with his Dad and wrote songs with John Lennon. What a gracious and humble man not to mention my favorite Beatle!

@hsawaknow  I just loved when he autographed the Penny Lane sign on that wall.   (And I've always really loved that song). About the autograph - Corden said "No one will believe it."  LOL!

Part of the Beatles' genius and creativity was making fabulous songs from everyday, ordinary things they saw or that were in their lives.  Penny Lane is a great example of that.  As is Strawberry Fields (the local orphanage) and Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kyte (Paul and John writing a song about the circus poster hanging up in John's bedroom).  Creative geniuses who think brilliant things while looking at ordinary things around them.

Honored Contributor

I loved how they posted the Tweets and Instagram posts from people who were there on the street.  I had to keep freezing it to read them all.  People were losing their minds.  

Whoever produced this did such a wonderful job with it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

Looked like a wig to me.