Honored Contributor

@33PixieU179JMJ wrote:
Dan Hughes QVC posted 3 hours ago on his Facebook page QVC that he has been let go! He has his own Facebook page not related to QVC and posted on that one, that it stings. So Dan Hughes no longer works for QVC...

@33PixieU179JMJ - I don't do Facebook and I'm sure many others don't.  Can you tell us what he said on his own FB page?  (I can only see his QVC page and there's nothing on that.)

Respected Contributor

Carolyn's post does not sound like a retirement story! I'll miss her very much. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

Actually, he has posted on his QVC page...

First a heartfelt thank you.
They say all good things must come to an end. Whenever a door closes another one opens. And a stitch in time saves nine.
Okay, I don’t even know what that last cliché even means and I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the topic at hand but here goes anyway.
After a tenure of 33 years it has come time for me and QVC to part ways.
I say so with nothing less than gratitude to those who have supported me and worked with me over the years.
Even more so I want to express my appreciation to you, the viewers, who built this amazing community and I hope you continue to do so for many years to come.
It is time for me to focus fully on my writing. Spend more time with family and friends, and maybe tinker on a few projects which have sat on the back burner for way too long.

If interested, please follow me here on Facebook on my public page which is simply Dan Hughes (without the QVC part.) My profile picture is minus the goatee and I am wearing an orange sweatshirt with a golf hat. I only point this out since my name is a common one and I don’t want some poor guy in Kenosha Wisconsin unrelated to me wondering why he is getting friend requests.

It has been a wonderful and lengthy ride. More than I ever expected and as always I am humbled by your kindness.
Till later

Dan Hughes

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear Carolyn is leaving. The only show I sometimes watched on the Q was Carolyn & Gary's Tuesday morning D & Co. show. I've only bought a few pieces in the last few years, but I still enjoyed watching her on this show. I wish her and her family the best. 

Respected Contributor

REASONS TO KEEP CAROLYN AT QVC:

1.  She has a good broadcasting voice, fit for on-air presentations.

2.  She is prepared and gives good product information about items being presented. She does not make up fantasy scenarios to disguise her lack of preparation. 

3.  She does NOT talk about her daughters or any other family members in a non-stop manner. 

4.  She is over 60 years old, but does not remind the viewers of this fact every time she is on-air.

5.  She wears eyeglasses of appropriate size and does not let her hair fall in front of her face and eyeglasses.  Oh, she does not wear pajamas at work. 

6.  Not related to her employment, but she is a good ambassador as a cancer survivor and a person who loves and cares for many pets.

So sorry Carolyn has been treated in such a shabby manner by the big corporation. 

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Frankly, I think Mary Beth is awful.  She should have been let go over Carolyn.

For me I think if they were laying off the #1 person to go should have been the "newish" one with the Red hair, just the worst host I'ev ever seen on any of these shopping networks, just god awful and yes I do turn her off when she's on, she's so bad !  

@Silver Fox1 I have not seen the one with the red hair yet.  I do like that really pretty woman, Stacey Rusch.  She does a nice job selling clothes.  I only watch at night, and, unfortunately, JT seems to be on every night, ugh, though I know "literally" that is not true.  As someone wrote years ago, a little bit of Jane Tracey goes a long way.

@Puppy Lips I like her also, there are a couple of other new ones I like also , Vanessa Herring and Nancy Yoon come to mind.  I think they are all very good. 

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb Hear,hear !!!

Contributor

I so enjoyed watching Carolyn, what a breath of fresh air and now she's gone. So very sad, don't know who makes these ridiculous decisions.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Esteemed Contributor

Carolyn was one of the best hosts they had.  There are a handful of hosts I would like to see gone, too.  Annoying, loud, childish, self absorbed. And above all not interested in what they're selling.  Carolyn was none of these things.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth