Honored Contributor
Unfortunate because I like both Carolyn and Dan.

As an aside, this forum is NOT the demographic QVC/HSN needs to survive.
Respected Contributor

Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

so sad that both she and and dan were let go.....she was here for 19 years, he for 33 years. they will be missed!

@sunshine45   You are talking about Dan Wheeler aren't you?  Not Dan Hughes?

@Patriot3 

i am talking about dan hughes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Regardless of whether if was their choice to leave or let go I would still think QVC could have shown them a little more respect by giving them a thank you and nice send off for all the years they were loyal to QVC instead of just kicking them to curb without a word of appreciation!

Honored Contributor

Gary Goban will go on.

End of squirrel c*ap

Contributor

Interesting point.  A relative with 20 years at his employer was let go after he suffered a bout of cancer.  The "boss" as good as said a factor was that employees with poor health drive up the employer's health insurance costs.

Esteemed Contributor

@PJinIA wrote:

Regardless of whether if was their choice to leave or let go I would still think QVC could have shown them a little more respect by giving them a thank you and nice send off for all the years they were loyal to QVC instead of just kicking them to curb without a word of appreciation!

@PJinIA If I were essentially fired, the last thing I would want would be a send off show.  QVC will only do that for someone who leaves on their own terms.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Frankly, I think Mary Beth is awful.  She should have been let go over Carolyn.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor
Dear QVC: I don’t like that some of your more mature hosts are being sidelined. Who is buying pull-up elastic waisted denim? 23 year olds? More likely those of Carolyn and Dan’s vintage. And that is what you sell. You are not cool, QVC. That is not your brand. You are steady Eddie’s, reliable and sometimes kind of boring. And that works for the basics people wear and need in their kitchens.!Sure, you sometimes sell a Givenchy lipstick - but that doesn’t make you fashionable. You sell Berkshire blankets with a hood and sleeve and try to push it off as fashion. It is not. It’s a warm jacket to walk the dog in. At night. When no one sees you. Stop it. You are telling your customer base, through these choices, who and what you value. And we are confused. What’s wrong with Carolyn and a pull-on denim? We like Carolyn. We like pull-on denim. What are you doing?
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind