Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

so sad that both she and and dan were let go.....she was here for 19 years, he for 33 years. they will be missed!

@sunshine45   You are talking about Dan Wheeler aren't you?  Not Dan Hughes?

Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn’s gone

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm wondering if she could could have been offered a retirement incentive and have accepted it.  She and hubby recently bought a nice motor home and I'm sure they're dying to use it.  Its hard to justify the cost of those big toys if you can't use it often.  So far, she hasn't mentioned going anywhere except train trips to visit her parents.

I find it very difficult to believe her sales weren't high.  She's also the only truly knowledgeable gardening host they have.  Love it or hate it, D&C sells like crazy.

Gary must be very sad.  Goodbye squirrels.

@Kachina624 

Do you think Gary might be next? He's 66yo last I checked.  With him gone they can start with a new batch of fresh faces. Might be just what the brand needs.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

so sad that both she and and dan were let go.....she was here for 19 years, he for 33 years. they will be missed!

@Patriot3 

No, Dan Hughes.  It's been reported he was let go too.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm wondering if she could could have been offered a retirement incentive and have accepted it.  She and hubby recently bought a nice motor home and I'm sure they're dying to use it.  Its hard to justify the cost of those big toys if you can't use it often.  So far, she hasn't mentioned going anywhere except train trips to visit her parents.

I find it very difficult to believe her sales weren't high.  She's also the only truly knowledgeable gardening host they have.  Love it or hate it, D&C sells like crazy.

Agree with all you said  Maybe she was offered a package she could not refuse.  

Just a very surprising and shocking person to lay off, imo

She is getting  a lot of love on her FB page....sad......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@@Dan too. I'm shocked by all of this. Pat and Mary Beth are older too. I hope they are staying. I like all of them. I believe Carolyn has good sales numbers. This is really sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Patriot3 

No, Dan Hughes.  It's been reported he was let go too.

@geezerette  Wow, I would not have expected that.  He is/was a staple.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@@Dan too. I'm shocked by all of this. Pat and Nary Beth are older too. I hope they are staying. I like all of them. I believe Carolyn has good sales numbers. This is really sad?

That's what I'm wondering too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 , wait, Dan, too!? Woman Surprised  I am clearly behind in my QVC news.  I was just watching Dan & Pat the other day.  They are always so good together.  Sure, Dan can do his standup comedy routine, but that's Dan.  He is likeable because he is calm in his presentations and not over the top.

I have edited to  remove the old FB note Dan had posted way back in 2016 (which I had failed to notice).  It was causing confusion.  

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Patriot3 @I have the same question.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624    I think you are spot on.... Carolyn is 60ish, battled Cancer and her Hubby has health issues... retirement probably sounds good to her about now... she worked a lot and deserves to enjoy.

My Hubby worked for the same big aerospace company for 35 years... in 2017 he was offered a  retirement incentive that we could not pass up $$$$$$$. He took it and never looked back. Best thing he ever did.