Occasional Contributor

I totally agree. I am sick that they would let 2 of the many best hosts, Carolyn and Dan go. I do not like one older host Jane Treasey becuase she has begun to act really silly trying to be cute and does not know how. I remeber her saying that she was fired from there many years ago and looks like it is that time again. The newer ones that I do not like are Mary DeAngelis, Jennifer Coffey, Shawn Killinger and Julie Cearley. All of them just "rub" me the wrong way but maybe not all other viewers. I immediately turn the channel when they are on. I do not watch the newer other hosts becasue I do not usually watch the other Q channels. I worry now so much about Mary Beth Roe, Pat DeMentri, Leah Williams and Jane Brown. These are very good and act and talk like they has some sense and do not feel like they have to be "cute" and annoying like the others are. Those I did not name I honeslty would not miss them it they were gone. I have noticed for several years that the Q has been going down hill by the way they hire the newer hosts and many do not explain the product like the older ones did or do. I am not going to watch it anymore and if I need something I will just go to the website to see if they have it and if not I will find what I need somewhere else. The heads of QVC need to take a long hard look and see what they are doing wrong and get rid of the hosts that continue to act like they do and listen to what the viewers say about the Q now. The Q is not a "comedy show" and people do not want the hosts acting up on TV trying to put on and act so really stupid. Yes they can have funn but taking it to extremes is beyond me. I know yopu can not please everyone but when there are so many hosts now that "act up" when on air it is like they are auditioing for other jobs. The Q has let so many other good  hosts go that is shameful. I do see them as they "pitch" products on there now. When I see them I think about how much I liked them when they were hosts on there but they are much better off now.

Occasional Contributor

You do not know this for sure !!!

Respected Contributor

@slmsia , what did the representative have to say regarding your comments? Was it someone in their corporate office?

Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn and Dan on QVC

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Stray wrote:
10,000 people being laid off from Meta & second lay off since November. No severance for them!

Carolyn & Dan are lucky to get a good severance package.

How do you know they got a good severance package?? That's speculation. 

I was going to ask the same thing.  I keep seeing people posting this but how do we know what they got in a severance package?

Qurate offered 400 associates severance packages totalling $24 million.  You think Dan and Carolyn were left out of that?

Of course not.  Was that amount equally divided?  

Honored Contributor

These former hosts were contract employees; they did not punch a time clock like hourly employees.  Contract employees make big bucks, enjoy some nice perks,  and have specific clauses in their contact as to exiting quietly when their job is done.  

My last job as administrative secretary gave me an eye opening view of contract employees.  I punched a time clock and made $15 an hour; they came in late, stayed late, also left early on Fridays and made over $10,000 a month!  When they were informed their job was over, they quietly left the building with a check in hand that included regular pay, their vacation and sick time, and big severance pay for however much time was left on their contract.  Depending on their administrative position, that final check was usually in the $250,000+ range!  No tears were shed and no negative comments were made, they took their experience and moved on, which is exactly what these 2 hosts will do!

Esteemed Contributor
@Effie54 - the severance package was posted on line. Having received one when I was 69, it’s a standard package & based on their years of service, a decent one.

It’s a fact of live today. The Meta people most likely got $0 or very little.
Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Stray wrote:
10,000 people being laid off from Meta & second lay off since November. No severance for them!

Carolyn & Dan are lucky to get a good severance package.

How do you know they got a good severance package?? That's speculation. 

I was going to ask the same thing.  I keep seeing people posting this but how do we know what they got in a severance package?

Qurate offered 400 associates severance packages totalling $24 million.  You think Dan and Carolyn were left out of that?

Of course not.  Was that amount equally divided?  

Probably not.  It was probably based on position, tenure, and length of their non-compete clause.

Respected Contributor

Meta Severance Benefits to newly laid off employees:

• 16 weeks of base pay plus two additional weeks for every year of service
  • A payout for all remaining PTO
  • RSU vesting through Nov. 15
  • Six months of health insurance coverage for employees and their families
  • Three months of career support with an external vendor, including early access to job leads
  • Immigration support for workers here on a visa
Contributor

@catter70: The woman was very nice at Qurate.  She did say they had gotten "overwhelmed" with calls regarding Carolyn and Dan and all the calls were against the move made by Qurate.  She thanked me and I told her I know it must be difficult handling all the calls being the "customer service rep" front line for the company.  QVC Customer Service also takes all calls and writes them down and sends them to Qurate.  That is really all one can do.  It is done.  But I personally still think they made a mistake in letting both of them go, regardless of a severance package (which I have no inside knowledge of the details with Qurate).  I hope this answers your question.  Thanks for your feedback.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp Why do you not think that C and D didn't get a retirement package?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man