Contributor

I was saddened to find out Carolyn and Dan were let go.  I did call the Curate Group and spoke with a representative to let them know I think they made a big mistake by letting them go.  I hardly saw Dan but I did watch Carolyn quite a bit.  But I did enjoy Dan when I happened to see him on QVC. 

I enjoyed the "Garolyn" D&C show all the time.  I think Curate Group made a poor decision, in my opinion. 

Younger executives naturally are taking over the corporate world as I get older.  They see things differently and sometimes they make mistakes.  I feel that this was one of them.

I am close to both Carolyn and Dan's age, and I wish them well. It is not a good feeling to be unceremoniously fired.  I remember Stacey Stauffer.

I wish both of them a wonderful rest of their lives, and if either take another job, I wish them well in that.  If they retire, enjoy it!

I disagree with Curate Group and I feel they made a mistake with the demographics of QVC viewers. 

My thoughts and good wishes are with Carolyn and Dan.

Super Contributor

@slmsia  Well said.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree. Both were seasoned professionals. Who knows the

reasoning behind these decisions. Both will be missed. They had huge

followings. Good luck to both of them.

Esteemed Contributor
I hate to admit it,, but I turned on a QVC garden show this morning and I missed Carolyn's voice before I ever saw the faces of the presenters. I tried to watch another few minutes, but couldn't. I think it's ridiculous, but I don't want to watch garden shows without Carolyn. I always looked forward to garden days before. It's just not the same.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
New Contributor

I miss both Dan and Carolyn too and am pretty much

done with qvc shopping.

Esteemed Contributor
10,000 people being laid off from Meta & second lay off since November. No severance for them!

Carolyn & Dan are lucky to get a good severance package.
Honored Contributor

I would bet that were NOT ceremoniously let go. They probably received a nice retirement package from the company. I also think they knew about this many,many days in advance.

I would doubt if they are "coming" back. Retirement is not that bad. I also think we will see one of them selling stuff on another network or writing a book. Some of this depends on the terms of their retirement package.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

@Stray wrote:
10,000 people being laid off from Meta & second lay off since November. No severance for them!

How do you know they got a good severance package?? That's speculation. 

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

I was going to ask the same thing.  I keep seeing people posting this but how do we know what they got in a severance package?

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

I was going to ask the same thing.  I keep seeing people posting this but how do we know what they got in a severance package?

Qurate offered 400 associates severance packages totalling $24 million.  You think Dan and Carolyn were left out of that?