Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn & Dan's departure

Suddenly firing people who have been with you for 30+ years is unbelievably cruel and heartless. It is obvious from Dan and Carolyn's social media posts that they were blindsided by it. It's so sad that everyone and everything is disposable these days.

Also, I don't know why people feel the need to suggest firing someone else instead. Some of you are unreal. 

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Super Contributor

If the layoffs would have been 1 month later, I would have thought it was an April fools joke.  But not a very funny one.

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

I predict Carolyn will be back working for Denim and Co. helping Gary,

With the stupid stuffed squirrels....

Valued Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@Big Joanie  I agree, Keratin in out for 3 months in Mexico doing her  lifetime dream of missionary work and modeling her bikini,

More beach vacation than missionary work, if you follow her Instagram.

I'm really going to miss Carolyn, but QVC is going to miss !my huge spending history!!!!  I'm takingmy dollars elsewhere!!!!m. I'm angry!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Really a sad turn of events.  Whoever came up with that hit list is an absolute idiot!  Instead of taking into account what the viewers like, they just axed well liked, long term hosts.  There is a long time host who is sorely overdue for another departure.  Unfortunately,  she didn't make the cut.  For me, she has become unwatchable!  So, if I need anything, I'll check online instead of watching.  

To personnel........try putting hosts on air who are NOT offensive, loud, or seem entitled.  You have way too many as it is.

To moderators......my post is an honest assessment of what happened.   I've been a customer for over 3 decades and I believe we deserve to let our feelings be known.  If you object to honesty, well, I guess you don't want my money either!

New Contributor

I am stunned! I always looked forward to watching Carolyn selling Denim and Company with Gary. They had great clothing and were entertaining too. Dan was also a pleasure to watch. He had a warm, sincere personality that was very appealing.  He was also funny.  Very sad.

i believe QVC is systematically getting rid of the older hosts and replacing them with hosts with little or no appeal. I won’t be watching much now. It’s not just about the merchandise.  Don’t they know it’s the older shoppers who have the most buying power?  Big mistake. 

Contributor

LOL @ you thinking letters from the masses will change anything. 

Contributor

LOL No they won't.

Trusted Contributor

I will miss Dan the most.  Always loved when he and Pat hosted shows together.