Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn & Dan's departure

@KathyM23 

I dont think Carolyn and Dan had a clue they were being let go.  Carolyn mentioned yesterday she was having a new pet show in april and yesterday morning Dan posted in the morning he was not let go that it was just a rumor, of course he recanted that later on.

Respected Contributor

They let Carolyn go and kept Kristan... Oh My .....

Occasional Contributor

Just what I was thinking this morning. She would be perfect for that or helping any of the brand representatives in gardening and outdoor decor.

Valued Contributor

@Big Joanie  I agree, Keratin in out for 3 months in Mexico doing her  lifetime dream of missionary work and modeling her bikini,

Respected Contributor

@LUV 2 SHOP wrote:

I'm very sad to see Carolyn and Dan leave. It is apparent that QVC is trying to find a more diverse group of hosts. As viewers we don't know if the hosts work with renewable contracts. If so, Carolyn and Dan may have reached the end of a contract period.

The Q could have eliminated other hosts. Jane Tracey, Rick Domeir, or the Kerstin/Jennifer twins. I hope everyone (even those employees we don't see) receive an excellent severance package. They all deserve something special. 

the last 6 hires have filled the "diverse group of hosts" and they are terrible. Experience won't even help some of them. Nancy and Stacey say "love you" to the vendors at least 5 times, during the presentations, i watched. They are unwatchable.

Contributor

Wow! Carolyn was just on Tues! Pretty speedy dismissal ! You know Q, thousands of us faithful shoppers made you pretty BIG, offending us may not have been your best move. I've shopped way less bcuz the prices have gotten way out of reach. See no reason to keep checking the shows. My little stores are happy to see me ! All done.
Esteemed Contributor

@LUV 2 SHOP wrote:

The Q could have eliminated other hosts. Jane Tracey, Rick Domeir, or the Kerstin/Jennifer twins. I hope everyone (even those employees we don't see) receive an excellent severance package. They all deserve something special. 

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Is this true.  Carolyn is gone?   I am shocked.   Not surprised about Dan.  He wasn't on very much.   When did this happen.  Did she say goodbye or was it a back room firing?

Regular Contributor

I don't think letters will do anything, but what will is stop watching and buying. Unfortunately, companies only care about their bottom line. 
I know I am finished with them. I have been watching and buying a lot less then I use to, but now I'm done.

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

@KathyM23 

I dont think Carolyn and Dan had a clue they were being let go.  Carolyn mentioned yesterday she was having a new pet show in april and yesterday morning Dan posted in the morning he was not let go that it was just a rumor, of course he recanted that later on.

@meem120 

That post was from years ago when he had an extended absence due to health problems.