New Contributor

Re: Carolyn & Dan's departure

Consumers/customers make or break a business - due to your recent actions I no longer will buy or support QVC and I hope many others will do the same👎
Respected Contributor

Wait, what??? I don't watch Q anymore but when I did I really liked Carolyn! And Dan too! They were two of the most level-headed non-screeching hosts. 

I'm glad I don't watch anymore because this is really sad. I don't know, this is just really sad to me. It's like the end of an era.

Occasional Contributor

Like others, I was shocked to hear about Carolyn and Dan’s departures! This was a low blow to them and the customers who have been watching them for years. Why didn’t they cut Courtney K. instead? Out of all the hosts, I dislike her the most! Absolutely no personality and always fiddling with her hair. How she ever got hired is a mystery to me.
Occasional Contributor

Pretty sure Q corporate doesn't give a rat's fanny what you or I think. That's quite clear in the shoddy products with exorbitant prices that they try to dump on us. However, if they really wanted to dump some hosts they should have definitely started with the more than obnoxious Jane Treacy. She gets on my last nerve! If she or Courtney or Jen Coffey are on I'm not buying anything they're selling and the channel.is getting changed!

Honored Contributor

I am thinking that I bet corporate was not expecting such a reaction from so many.

When I looked up Carolyn's name trying to find her new facebook page

(before I got it from some fellow posters here), there are many news sources reporting Carolyn and Dan  being let go.

Just like how the powers that be never expected the uproar over discontinuing the forums.

I really don't think that CEO knows the customers at all.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I just learned this sad news and just had to chime in to say how shocked I am. Carolyn and Dan were class acts and pleasant to watch, unlike some of the newer hosts. They were great presenters and gave good product info. If I can’t stand a host’s personality, I change the channel, and I don’t buy. I guess I’ll be watching even less than before. Money saved

I wish the best to Carolyn and Dan and the others that were let go. I work from home Tuesdays and really enjoyed the D&C shows with Carolyn and Gary. Won’t be the same. I really liked Pat and Dan’s show too. Dumb move QVC.
Frequent Contributor

Dan and Carolyn have been with QVC for a very long time, especially Dan. This is so cruel for QVC to let them go. I love watching the Denim & Co. show because of Garolyn. This is really a dumb move.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Angie168

Cruel you say?  My husband works in the career placement field and has seen many 50+ people let go after years of service to their company.  Simply put - they age out.

I loved seeing Carolyn explain things simply and Dan's homey approach to all those outdoor products.  I hope they find other fields to star in.

Carolyn Dan2.jfif

Trusted Contributor

@Suziqzee wrote:

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@Big Joanie  I agree, Keratin in out for 3 months in Mexico doing her  lifetime dream of missionary work and modeling her bikini,

More beach vacation than missionary work, if you follow her Instagram.

I don't follow her but can only imagine🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Occasional Contributor

It's all about how much money the hosts make for QVC.  Obviously they didn't bring in the cash.  Now we are stuck with two hosts together who try to outdo each other.  I can't watch any more with all the back and forth gabbing and laughing about nothing.  Bad move  QVC.  Carolyn and Dan had calmness and believability.