Valued Contributor

Re: Carolyn & Dan's departure

@Love my grandkids  I forgot about that...Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

I'm very sad to see Carolyn and Dan leave. It is apparent that QVC is trying to find a more diverse group of hosts. As viewers we don't know if the hosts work with renewable contracts. If so, Carolyn and Dan may have reached the end of a contract period.

The Q could have eliminated other hosts. Jane Tracey, Rick Domeir, or the Kerstin/Jennifer twins. I hope everyone (even those employees we don't see) receive an excellent severance package. They all deserve something special. 

Frequent Contributor

How is this even possible that "Carolyn Gracie", who is a lovely and intelligent host let go?  I think this is "horrendous".  I think "people" who care about these people should write in to the QVC Corporate Office and voice their protests against this!  I truly find it hard to believe that they would fire another "HOST", just like that!  I think it is a "disgrace" even though I would like to use stronger adjectives!......This is "heartbreaking" to me!

Contributor

I hope this is not true.  I have been watching QVC even when it was called CVN back in the '80s.  There are some hosts that are so down to earth and give great presentations on the products and then there are some that talk about everything under the sun except what people need to hear about the item (sizes, fit, material, care, colors, etc.).  I think QVC has given in to the entertainment part and not the important part of selling a quality item.  I really wish some of the employees could watch how presentations were given "back in the day" to see how a professional would present items.  There are some employees that have been with QVC a long time too  and they have succumbed to the silly-ness.  I don't blame them because they are probably just trying to keep their jobs.  If it's about money, then QVC must admit what has happened to the economy of this country recently.  I'm finding it more difficult to pay bills and buy groceries like everyone else.  It's like deciding if I can afford and item, do I really need it, etc.  So I hope QVC really takes a hard look at the changes they are making.  I really enjoyed most of the programming over the years but now just turn the channel when it gets too crazy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ironic, Carolyn is still featured  on the coming style weekend fashion preview with her pets.  She is looking good in the photo on the front page under Preview Spring Fashion Days.  

Evidently the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.  I'm glad her preview is still up.  Her and Dan are both still on the Hosts pictures.  I certainly hope they received a very compensary severance for their many years of dedicated service and that the severance is extra big to make up for the sneaky way QVC handled their termination.

I am sorry for the many others who were also terminated as they all need their jobs and I hope they land better positions elsewhere.  But for the Hosts who are in the public eye, it seems there would have been a better way to handle it.  Not a go behind their back way.

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed them both as hosts.  I no longer watch QVC anymore.  If they are trying to appeal to a younger audience, they are sadly mistaken.  Their niche has always been the stay at home people who are mostly older.

Super Contributor

I wondered why they hired that last bunch & now I know. Big mistake Qurate or whatever you are called.  I might fire you.

Respected Contributor

I missed all this today. I was working. How do u know it happened!? How did it go down ? Did Carolyn and Dan say something?
Super Contributor

Somehow I think both Dan and Carolyn will be just fine........... and for all of those getting their knickers in a bunch over remaining hosts - get over it! Just because your favorites are gone doesn't mean those still here aren't any good. Everyone has to start somewhere. Like it or not, the universe is about out with the old and in with the new - dont' kid yourself....NOTHING lasts! 

Frequent Contributor

KKim, both Carolyn and Dan posted on their fb pages about their unbelievable dismissals from QVC,. They took the high road and did so cordially.