Contributor

Re: Carolyn & Dan- NO notice...Just gone!

I have been so disgusted with QVC lately. They don't mention the fabric or sizing anymore. They "misrepresent" their return policies and the junk they are hawking is rarely worth their price. Their "customer service" is awful! I am trying to cut the cord.
Contributor

I have been so disgusted with QVC lately. They don't mention the fabric or sizing anymore. They "misrepresent" their return policies and the junk they are hawking is rarely worth their price. Their "customer service" is awful! I am trying to cut the cord. I loved watching Carolyn. I can't watch Rick Domeier, I quit watching Dan Hughes after his divorce when he bad rapped his xwife constantly.
WHERE IS LEAH this morning?
Contributor

I'm sure Carolyn and Dan were given notice about 2 weeks ago. I know that the "fans" are all up in arms because THEY were given no notice that the hosts they "cannot live without" would soon be gone and so now they are making empty threats and stomping their feet and claiming they will NEVER watch or buy from the Q again. Like the Q cares or is even affected by the few "lifetime" customers who will cut ties. Bless your little hearts. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains racist comments.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Respected Contributor

I lost my job at age 61 after over 35 years of service. I was the most traumatic experience that I had in my life. I received no severance, lost my health insurance, income, etc. I am 64 now and trying to make-up for what I lost. It is really difficult to start a new job at that age. I needed health insurance, so needed a FT job. Great jobs are not always offered to older folks. I took a large pay-cut but did get the insurance. I spent a lot of my savings to pay off my home, purchase my leased car. It was awful, I feel sorry for all the QVC employees who were laid off. I read there were 400 of them. Carolyn and Dan too. I always liked both of them. Pray for all of these people, it is very difficult to have given years of service to a career then lose it. You lose your job, your health insurance, seniority, benefits, income, and the day-to-day relationships you had with others who worked there. Losing a job is horrible. 

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

(((( @conlt))))  I am so sorry you went through that.  The fear must have been horrible.  Glad you are doing better now.  I don't think anyone gets over that kind of crushing blow in a hurry.

Trusted Contributor

@Irebetsky .... Pretty new right? No. They weren't given notice 2 weeks ago!!! On Carolyn's show March 1st she was talking about her next show that week...and she has designed a new line of bras that mastectomy patients could also use. This line was coming out in April. Carolyn is a breast cancer survivor...not that you care to know that... She was let go after her show because she ran into another host that same day who l know was hosting that day... Boy! You're a nasty person! Go take a happy pill or something will ya?!?! .... and bless your heart too.
Respected Contributor

@Free2be Thank you so much for your nice thoughts. I feel for anyone who loses his or her job, especially when older. I am a RN but I had worked my way up to an administrator. Starting over at 61, they don't want to hire you in that capacity. Going back to bedside nursing is hard on the body and mind. Especially during Covid, I was exhausted. I was terminated in the fall of 2019, 8 weeks after my mother died, I had been out on FMLA. Came back to work and was immediately in trouble. The experience was awful. I spent a lot of time reading about what happens in the workplace and found that it is not unusual for these things to happen. I have been with my new company a little over 3 years now, and just got a job that I love. So things are looking up, I am 65 this year and get Medicare. I cannot wait for that. At least that is some security regarding health care. I still am making significantly less then I made at my previous job. Carolyn and Dan and all the others are going through a horrible turmoil. The feelings of inadequacy are real. I have a lot of anxiety now that if something happens, I will get fired again. There is much emotion and identity tied to a job, especially if the person has been there for years. You don't recover in 1 day. I am almost at 4 years and am starting to feel better but the feelings of inadequacy and anxiety still creep in. I have counseling for it.