Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn Myss on sacred spots

I have no idea what you're trying to reference, @Maudelyn

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@alliswell

Yes, I have.  I read it a long time ago and always found her fascinating.

Honored Contributor

There was no mention of "end times" in the OP, only "end of a certain path."

Anyway, this post is not about religion, only that the town is being thought about, now, in places other than QVC.

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@I have no idea what you're trying to reference, @Maudelyn

Ditto

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You  posted only one response, @Maudelynn, when I asked the question. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

There was no mention of "end times" in the OP, only "end of a certain path."

Anyway, this post is not about religion, only that the town is being thought about, now, in places other than QVC.

How is the thread not about religion when Buddhism, Catholicism and Marian apparitions are included in the OP along with "great goddesses"

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not about religion, per se.  The post was only to point out that someone else had that city in mind at the same time as the QVC TSV. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach, I've read most of her books and always learn something or have my spiritual horizons expanded. I have many of her CDs and tapes, I must have listened to The Dark Night of the Soul at least forty times. I will never forget when she talked about everyone thinks they were meant to be healers or intuitives or spiritual leaders, when we're really meant to be the bright light in our neighborhoods. Or something like that. I work on keeping my light bright, even when others try their best to put it under a bushel. Let yours shine!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@GingerPeach, I've read most of her books and always learn something or have my spiritual horizons expanded. I have many of her CDs and tapes, I must have listened to The Dark Night of the Soul at least forty times. I will never forget when she talked about everyone thinks they were meant to be healers or intuitives or spiritual leaders, when we're really meant to be the bright light in our neighborhoods. Or something like that. I work on keeping my light bright, even when others try their best to put it under a bushel. Let yours shine!

Thank you for this particular reminder, @MaggieMack and the sweet words of encouragement.

I have a couple of her books.  I think I'll be re-reading, if not all, then parts of some.

Esteemed Contributor

I have ejoyed seeing Carolyn Myss on PBS/KOCE, etc.  She is entitled to her take on things.  One show she did, along with a book was about women being godesses etc.  I've believed that before she came out with her take as well as believing we are as old as we convince ourselves to feel, etc

As for the other take onn religion, I haven't heard her outlook.  I know my personal belief is that the Vatican does not have the edge on whether or not one 'makes it' to the other side to the happy hunting grounds.  In my opinion, they never have.  .  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust