Valued Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie's comments on COVID-19

I wasn't offended. Perhaps the first part of her comments could be perceived as flippant---about wanting to be able to go on vacation etc but I really think she was just expressing frustration. Like we all have.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee wrote:

@Susan-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC political

@Susan-QVC It appears my post was removed ...but there was nothing at all political in it.  Was this a mistake?

@alicedee if you replied on a post that was deleted, your post was deleted along with it.

Valued Contributor

@alicedee My post was removed as well and I was very careful not to be "political". I'm not sure what the criteria is but it seems very random. Sad when adults cant have an adult conversation about a topic we are seeing in the news 24 HOURS A DAY. Oh well, back to the more relevant threads about Shawn's nose wiping or Skechers that have been "in process" for 9 days.
Respected Contributor

Thanks @tansy ....I don't think I was replying...though maybe I am forgetting.  All I said was that from what was quoted I didn't see anything wrong with what Carolyn said, and I wouldn't want to sit on a hot beach wearing a mask either....so she was doing what we are supposed to in staying home.

How that is construed as political is beyond me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee wrote:

Thanks @tansy ....I don't think I was replying...though maybe I am forgetting.  All I said was that from what was quoted I didn't see anything wrong with what Carolyn said, and I wouldn't want to sit on a hot beach wearing a mask either....so she was doing what we are supposed to in staying home.

How that is construed as political is beyond me.

I don't explain things well, @alicedee.  I hit reply on your post to type this.  So, if you did that on a post that was deleted for being political, your post gets poofed along with that one.  I have had that happen several times.  

I don't see anything wrong with Carolyn's comments either.

Honored Contributor

She's a breast cancer survivor, so I don't think she'd ever be "flippant" about covid. And who doesn't hope it's gone by December? Like someone else said, as long as she didn't say anything about it magically disappearing.

Taking a vacation trip at this time is her decision. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MnPatti   Prayers for your dad to stay healthy & safe....

I don't think Carolyn's comments were offensive at all.....

It's all about choices these days:

1. Go to the beach and wear a mask

2. Don't wear a mask and stay quarantined....

1. Wish the virus continues on even through Christmas and beyond as "normal"....

2.  Wish the virus was GONE by Christmas....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

I like Carolyn and I do not for one minute think she was flippant about the Covid 19.

Let's not concentrate or worry about what a host on tv or most on tv (for that matter) says about Covid and wearing masks.....INSTEAD, let's,  for goodness sake, concentrate on ourselves and do what we can to protect us, our family and friends and all of mankind.

Such a dramatic response to a simple post on a discussion board @kittykatkay .

I think everybody should stop whining about wearing a mask. This is pandemic, and we don't have a choice. Once you are on the beach and seated 6 or more feet apart you can remove the mask. Is it really that hard to put it back on when you are in close proximity to others  I don't thnk so!

Esteemed Contributor

IMHO we are all frustrated and on edge and doing our best to cope with life in general right now. Can we agree to disagree and cut everyone some slack? I'm sure not sitting on a hot beach in a mask, I don't leave the house in the afternoon because it's to hot to wear a mask in Texas right now. But honestly, although the virus is on my mind I am tired about reading about it constantly and skip most threads about it. I look at updates in the news each morning so I stay up to date on developements. Just random thoughts on how I'm feeling. Stay Safe All

Valued Contributor

@ OP, I think you are overly sensitive on this matter. You cannot take all the Covid commentary that’s on the air personally.
She did not say anything wrong; she was speaking in general terms and I’m sure we ALL hope and pray the virus is controlled by Christmas .