Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie Buys Everything

@apple1964 wrote:

Carolyn is not the only host who  buys what she sells.  Lisa Robinson used to do that a lot too. It does not make me buy more. Just a slick sales pitch.. I am to clever to fall for that I do not care what anybody buys.

Carolyn probably does  buy a lot of what she says she buys.  That being said, it's completely a sales ploy.  Most of them have a sales ploy.  Sandra B's ploy is saying how whatever she's wearing..."in the halls people are asking her what she has on"  she also says there's a lot of "buzz at QVC about this or that".  

I don't notice Jacque G or Sharon F to use as many sales ploys as most.  Shawn also states how many jackets of GILI she buys, etc.  I don't buy it.  I don't think she wears much QVC clothing any longer. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Anyone know what the "host employee discount" is?

I think I remember hearing or reading that it was 40% off, plus I think a lot of the vendors, especially the Beauty Vendors are quite generous with nice sample sizes ahead of time and little freebies.....I remember hearing Lisa Robertson saying that several times that a vendor sent her sample sizes to try before presenting........

I don't think they get sample sizes.  I think these beauty vendors give them full-sized products.  I remember Lisa saying she had a closet full of beauty items that she couldn't use.  I think they are gifted often--especially TSV's.

Honored Contributor

@Deb1010again wrote:

According to "Glassdoor", QVC employees get 30% discount on most mdse, and 10% on electronics.  It increases during holidays.

Hi Deb.  I do think they get 30% discount on most items, but I find Glassdoor to be extremely incorrect on salary levels.  I looked at the salaries at some of the Companies I've worked at, and they are extremely incorrect and often very low.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind and argumentative.

Honored Contributor

@BettyNewbie wrote:

Shannon Smith over at HSN is the same....we used to joke she must have a storage unit the size of a football field!

Yes indeed yet we are supposed to not  'judge' their selling techniques?  I will, it's a turn off imo.

Valued Contributor

For some it's a sales ploy. I never believed Lisa R. who had Madison Ave taste for high-end things bought Denim and Company when she used to shout out "save me an XS" during PM Style.

but I do believe carolyn Gracie buys alot, esp. Denim and Co. She wears it on air frequently and her tales of wearing it in personal life are very sincere.

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

@lucieinthesky, her money, her business and no one elses to judge.

I beg to differ on this, although  I usually agree with you @Karnerblue  Smiley Happy

At some point, it becomes not at all credible and an obvious sales ploy, at which point a host loses credibility period.  Not saying this about Carolyn in particular because I try not to watch her shows much, but just about hosts generally.

I agree.  She's got no credibility, just like the other hosts.  She just loves everything and has it in every color.  It's just a tired sales pitch with her.  Just like tge other one she uses when she describes every item she wears as slimming.

Obviously that's not true, there are a lot of people who really like and respect her.

@Noel7  And obviously it is true as far as a lot of other people.  Sheesh.  

It is true to say she has no credibility for a lot of other people, although the meaning of "a lot" is debatable.

It is not true to say she has no credibility.  Obviously there are people on this line who find her credible.

Those are two very different statements.

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of unkind remarks

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Carolyn Gracie.  So what if she buys a lot of QVC stuff.  She gets to see all the items before she buys at least.  I am sure they get a discount, and it is convenient to buy from QVC with their schedule.  I don't know why people get so mad if the hosts say they own the item. I don't think it comes off as bragging IMO.   I am sure they own half the stuff they say they own, the other half they are thinking about, LOL!  Sales technique and habit.  I think she is nice

Honored Contributor

Well good for her. I am sure she knows her budget, however much that may be is not my business. Who really lets this type selling tactic bother them? Been reading quite a lot of really funny thread topics lately and this is another. Does anyone expect a host to say they wouldn't want it, but please TV audience, you buy it? Lol
"To each their own, in all things".