Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Carnival Cruises August 1

I have never found anything appealing about a cruise where there are too many old people, drunks,gamblers or kids whose parents let them do whatever they want - and  even if I did, I don't have a death wish!!  Coworkers who went on yearly cruises usually came back with  or were sick with colds, flu or stomach issues while there but yet kept going on them!!  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I think this is one business that will literally go down with the ship, even after this is long over. The cruise lines really took a beating with this virus. 

I hope you're right, those cruise ships are responsible for a lot of the polluting of the ocean.

I would never cruise and contribute to that.

Respected Contributor

It'll be a trick for Carnival to sail out of Miami. I live in N. Central Fl and we were just taken off the stay-at-home rules yesterday.  3 counties (the hardest hit with Covid-19) are still on lockdown, including Miami-Dade.

I realize August sounds far away, but who knows how long this will last without a vaccine.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

No.

Norwegian Cruise Line re-startes their cruses July 1, 2020.

Not doing any cruises in 2020 for sure.  May never cruise again; just feeling different about crusing in general.

I fully expect NCL will change that date and cancel through July.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Sure!  What could go wrong?  😜😏

What do you have to lose?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC I  will SO not be cruising anytime this year! With so much uncertainty regarding the virus, and new information released detailing the even MORE VIRULENT strain, I don't want to be in confined spaces with THOUSANDS of people whose "carrier" status is unknown. 

I still have images of cruise ships embarking Florida, passengers waving frantically in a celebratory mood, even though they were advised not to. Some even appeared "proud" to defy the warnings of the experts. Although they left before the actual stay-at-home orders and long overdue beach closures, I felt it was reckless then, and I feel it would be even more reckless in August, because of the contagion. We saw firsthand, the consequences of those poor decisions. I feel bad for the crew that sailed BEFORE we knew much about the virus, and are still struggling to get home.

Edited to reflect clarification...

The cruise industry is hurting, as is every PROFIT driven industry, but profits should not be put before human LIFE😟.

~~~All we need is LOVE,  HUGS and PRAYER today💖🤗🙏

Respected Contributor

Friends and I used to cruise a lot - both have died a few years ago so I've not gone on one since.  With present conditions, I'd consider ships nothing more than floating petri dishes.  

Honored Contributor

I'm almost positive there are no cruise ships out there right now that have passengers on them.  It is crew members who are left aboard the ships.  

Outside of the whole virus issue and not wanting to take a chance with that, I'm guessing part of the reason Carnival wants to start cruising again with only 8 ships is because they need to work out the new health guidelines that will be in place.  They want to put a few ships out there and see how it goes.

I cannot even imagine the chaos of attempting to board these ships as soon as they are allowed to sail.  There are so many issues that need to be worked out, I can only imagine what a cluster these cruises will be until the kinks are worked out.  

Esteemed Contributor

Carnival is the parent company of quite a few other lines including Princess and Holland America. We love cruising and had hoped to do a cruise this past 04/12, but couldn't. As I said above, no way we would sail again late summer/early fall. I hope the industry survives this.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Carnival does sail here out of Baltimore, just read they plan to resume that in September.