Honored Contributor

Re: Carnival Cruises August 1

I don't cruise, but Aug 1 doesn't sound like a good idea at the current time.

Honored Contributor

Nope..........I get seasick on the DOCK

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

No.  We did our "cruising" decades ago.  No interest now.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Would I get on a Carnival cruiseship on August 1st? No. 

Would I EVER get on a Carnival cruiseship? Absolutely not. 

Would I cruise on other lines at some point in the future? Yes. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Contributor

Not even if they gave it to me.  AND if something should go wrong or an illness breaks out, they tend to hold passengers "hostage." No one wants you to disembark in their city!

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I have a cruise scheduled for early October from Boston to Canada.  Anyone taken the Fall cruise before?  Anyone have any ideas about whether it might happen.  Or does anyone have advice... Go or not to go?

I'm not going to tell you not to go - you have to do what you feel comfortable with (and you probably can guess how everyone here will already respond)

But, I've read that Maine has currently closed all its ports for ships with greater than 50 people until September, when they will reconsider (and possibly extend). Furthermore, Canada is still requiring 14 day quarantine for any visitors and I'm not sure when that will end (they used to have July 1st as when they would allow cruises back, but again 🤷‍♀️)

I answered one of my own questions from above - the cruise ships aren't guaranteeing whether you will actually stop at any port.

Honored Contributor

Are you kidding?? Only if you're a gambler and risk the chance of being quarantined indefinitely. We are booked on a cruise in January and that may be iffy although the way I feel now I'm going then regardless.
Honored Contributor

I think this is one business that will literally go down with the ship, even after this is long over. The cruise lines really took a beating with this virus. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe they will cruise August 1st and maybe they won't.  The cruise lines suspended cruising multiple times and when they issue another suspension, they always indicate what date they will start up again and then it gets pushed back.

Carnival is also not jumping right back into cruising with full fleets of ships going out.  There will only be 8 ships and the only ports open will be Galveston, TX and Miami and Port Canaveral in Florida.  Many, many cruises are still canceled.  

No I would not be going.  Our 4/27 cruise was canceled and we had given some thought to booking in November or December but we will be passing for this year.  

Quite honestly, I'm disgusted by the way the cruiselines are handling some things.  Nearly 100,000 employees are still stranded on ships in American waters and are being told by the cruiselines they cannot get off the ships but yet plans are being made for cruises to embark on these ships?  Get the employees off!     

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I think this is one business that will literally go down with the ship, even after this is long over. The cruise lines really took a beating with this virus. 

@Shelbelle, there may be some lines that don't survive but I have no doubt cruising will continue.  There are people who are continually rebooking their canceled cruises to the soonest date possible.  Bookings for cruises for next year are already very high.