Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carnival Cruises August 1

Cruisers leaving on an excursion!

748652D2-E9F8-4897-A5A2-FF522DCF30D6.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I have a cruise scheduled for early October from Boston to Canada.  Anyone taken the Fall cruise before?  Anyone have any ideas about whether it might happen.  Or does anyone have advice... Go or not to go?

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay. WOW!!!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

My son had a Mediterranean cruise booked for his honeymoon in September & cancelled it. DH & I were about to book a Mediterranean cruise for October when the virus reared it's ugliness.

None of us are planning on taking a cruise for the next 2 or 3 years.

Aruba here I come!!

Trusted Contributor

I hope to cruise again, but will probably wait until the winter of 2022.  I will definitely book a balcony room, like I always have done.  I prefer Carnival because of the demographic of the passengers, but will look at other cruise lines, too.  I think we will know a lot more about the status of this virus way before that.  I will be careful, but I will not live my life in fear.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have been fortunate enough to go on 14 cruises.  You could offer me the Grand Poobah Suite on any ship for free and wouldn't take it!

And we were on the Grand Princess on the 9/11.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Carnival is in precarious financial trouble.  The way things have been going with ships, they'll probably get in the middle of the ocean and declare bankruptcy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Come take a ride on a floating Petri dish...no thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Believe it or not, but one of my co-workers loves to take cruises, and is a cruise king, and, yes, would go on another cruise again tomorrow.

Me?

I have never been interested in cruising, and I sure as hell am not about to start now.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Frequent Contributor

I am cancelling my Fall Princess cruise from NYC to Canada late September to early October.  I don't want to be caught on the second wave which the WHO says will be more deadly adding the flu season with COVID.  Flu season starts in September and who knows if this coronavirus will go dormant for a few months in the summer and when it will become active again.  The cruise lines are transferring your deposit to a future cruise in 2021 and the insurance is also transferring.  I just wouldn't take a chance this year.  

I will transfer my deposit and insurance to a cruise in the summer in 2021, but also can cancel that. Summer time is the best chance of the virus going dormant.  If I cancel flat out, will lose my deposit all together.