Honored Contributor

Re: Carni wilson on THE VIEW

On 7/3/2014 mousiegirl said:

She and her family were on celebrity wife swap. Her husband was basically "not there," for she or the kids. He holed up in "his" room, and slept late. The "swap" wife tried to get him to be involved, but I knew he would never change. I am sure this is one reason she overeats, trying to fill the emptiness within due to being unhappy and frustrated with someone like him.

Oh, please. That outdated and insulting logic comes right out of 1955. Good grief, I haven't heard that drivel since my quack of family doctor spouted it to me when I was 13. And I burst out laughing and refused to ever see him again.

Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 colliegirls said:

I believe she was on the Talk today also.

It was the a TALK. I always confuse the two show names. Sorry.
Honored Contributor

These stars have all the money they need but it won't buy happiness, love or weight loss.

I can't imagine being in the spotlight with everyone watching your every move.

Honored Contributor

I've always liked her. I recall when she first lost all the weight she posed for Playboy. Sharon Osborne has also had the same surgery, and though she seems small to me, I've heard her talking about needing to lose more weight.

Honored Contributor

She has a lot of issues...

Respected Contributor

On 7/3/2014 chrystaltree said:

She and her family were on celebrity wife swap. Her husband was basically "not there," for she or the kids. He holed up in "his" room, and slept late. The "swap" wife tried to get him to be involved, but I knew he would never change. I am sure this is one reason she overeats, trying to fill the emptiness within due to being unhappy and frustrated with someone like him.

Oh, please. That outdated and insulting logic comes right out of 1955. Good grief, I haven't heard that drivel since my quack of family doctor spouted it to me when I was 13. And I burst out laughing and refused to ever see him again.

Thanks for sharing your story Chrystal. It was very educational.

I will say, however, that SOME people do eat out of unhappiness. If you did not that does not mean others don't.

Honored Contributor

On 7/4/2014 scotttie said:
On 7/3/2014 chrystaltree said:

Thanks for sharing your story Chrystal. It was very educational.

I will say, however, that SOME people do eat out of unhappiness. If you did not that does not mean others don't.

It is soooo true that you can have emotional eating. I am 5 ft tall and have gained 30 lbs since last July. I attribute it to stress since it has been a stressful 1 1/2 yrs for me. My weight has always went up and down but NEVER so much in one year.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Fat or thin...I cannot stand her. She has some sort of humorless attitude that just strikes me the wrong way. Marie Osmond is good.
Super Contributor

Carnie was on a show on Food Network with Guy Fieri and Rachael Ray. She loves to cook and I'm guessing along with the love of cooking eating and tasting goes with it and would make it easier to regain some of the weight. Rachael does go up and down weight wise too and I would imagine the same logic for her. Most of the chefs, not all have weight issues because of cooking and eating the rich foods they cook. Exceptions would be Alton Brown,Bobby Flay, Giada.
Super Contributor

On 7/4/2014 Danky said: Fat or thin...I cannot stand her. She has some sort of humorless attitude that just strikes me the wrong way. Marie Osmond is good.
I have to say in regards to Marie Osmond that I am sick of seeing her on those Nutri System commercials. You would think she was the only person alive to lose weight. I would imagine for the amount of weight she lost she had help other than Nutri System. I now turn the channel when I see those ads. I think she looks awful with all the obvious plastic surgery she has had. She needs to watch it or she will start hitting Joan Rivers territory with the plastic surgery. I used to really like Marie but she's been overdone so much on those commercials it turns me off.