Regular Contributor

Carmine (Laverne and Shirley)

[ Edited ]

Eddie Mekka ( Carmine on Laverne and Shirley...The Big Ragoo) has passed away at the age of 69. 

Would often see him at the Bucks County Playhouse, he was the lead in "Fiddler on the Roof", loved him as Tevye.  Sad to hear of his passing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Carmine (Laverne and Shirley)

Rest In Peace GIF - Rip Candle 安息 - Discover & Share GIFs Rest In Peace Quotes, Contentment Quotes, San Roman, Condolence Messages, Sympathy Quotes, Grieving Quotes, Deepest Sympathy, 1 Gif, The Power Of Love

Esteemed Contributor

Such a handsome man. 

AC071052-49DA-4EFA-B6A9-2C33802FAE1F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

May he rest in peace.

That show.  That time in my life.  Such a beautiful and memorable span in my memory.  I hope that those who produce and star in shows realize that they often have an impact on our memory that lasts a lifetime.  It wasn't the nature of the show, although it was fun.  What was important was when it aired during my lifetime.

God bless.

Respected Contributor

I loved that show and have all the seasons on DVD.  It is so heartbreaking how one by one they are all gone.  Laverne, Squiqqy, now Carmine.  It was such a simpler time, and that show always made me laugh out loud.  I do not know what I would do without MeTV as they show all the old shows.  I am now watching all the Mash shows.

Eddie Makka was so young, may he RIP.

Honored Contributor

Eddie Mekka was such a part of Laverne and Shirley, a great TV comedy series which entertained millions and gave us weekly laughs.  The cast was comprised of a group of actors who worked so well together and gave the show its popularity and longevity.  Carmine, the character, left his mark in the TV sitcom field, may he be at peace.

Honored Contributor

He appeared to be a teriffic dancer.  I have to stop and think of him as Tevye, not a role I would ever picture him in, but then again why not??

Esteemed Contributor

Eddie in "Fiddler on the Roof" (with Sally Struthers), 2008

Eddie-Mekka-as-Tevya-in-Fiddler-on-the-Roof-sm.jpgEddie-Mekka-&-Sally-Struthers-in-Fiddler-on-the-Roof.jpg

Honored Contributor

Wow, Mekka as Tevye and the talented Sally Struthers as Golde, would love to have seen that.